Saturday, May 30, 2015

FLORES!

So the Yankees have called up another in-house outfielder, one that I've been pretty excited about for a while, RAMON FLORES!

One of my first TTM successes ever!

In a way this is pretty bittersweet, mainly since Flores' promotion seems to have come because Slade Heathcott went on the DL with a Grade 2 quad strain, that guy just can't catch a break.

Gif Property of MLB.com

Still, it's nice to see the Yankees use their depth and bring up some youth, again. Flores is a guy I can easily see being a serviceable fourth outfielder and could do a whole lot better than Chris Young (who for the record has been pretty awful in May).



Even though I just blogged about the Yankees' mini youth movement barely a week ago, the reality is that even I knew it was fleeting. Unfortunately the Yankees still have underperforming yet still overpaid players taking up roster spots, and are giving very long leashes to guys who are performing as well as I would.

I was about to go on a tangent about how Stephen Drew, David Carpenter and really every non-Yankees org guy (except Pineda & A-Rod) sucks but that's not the main focus of this post.

I will say this though. Even my patience with the players who weren't brought up in the Yankees org are wearing thin.

Photo Property of Pelatobrava

Anyway while I'm glad for Ramon Flores and how he made it to the big leagues. He probably won't get used too often and we'll probably end up seeing Chris Young's rotting corpse in the outfield more often. And Flores'll be back down before you know it.

Also, Lindgren's time in the majors, at least this year, is probably numbered as well. Chris Martin is coming back faster than the speed of sound and even if he sucks he'll be up in the bigs while Lindgren (and Shreeve) will go back to wasting bullets in triple-A for 10 days at a time.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

2 comments:

  1. Agreed on this being bittersweet. Sucks that Slade went down after finally arriving. I hope Flores just rakes.

    I was a big fan of bringing Drew back at the price that they did. I really thought he'd hit .250 or so, play decent D, and hit with some pop. I'm over it. I'd rather see Refsnyder up and hitting .100 points higher, even if they get worse defensively.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope so too. Although so far Flores has at least shown that he's a capable defender ;).

      And Drew man... "He just needs a normal spring training" they said. "And then he'll be fine" they said.

      Delete