Thursday, July 30, 2015

Cotham City

I was originally going to go see a SI Yankees game today but because Mother Nature is on her period again I decided to skip it.


Instead I wanted to talk about another MLB debut by a guy who's been in the Yankees org for a while. This time with Caleb Cotham.

Cotham had been middling in the Yankees system for years but the team thought enough of him to hold onto him. And the other day he made his MLB debut in the midst of a day where trade rumors flying left and right had people forgetting that actual games were being played.

He was added to shortly after Chris Capuano got the boot. He went 1 2/3 innings pitched with four strikeouts. I'd love to embed a video but MLB video isn't allowing me to do so right now so here's a link.

I assume he'll be sent down again as the Yankees like to keep their arms fresh and ready to go whenever the game calls for them to be thrown into a game. Still, it's nice to see another homegrown Yankee climb the ranks and make his MLB debut. Hopefully Nick Goody (who I blogged about a few days ago) gets an actual MLB inning under his belt soon too.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

4 comments:

  1. What moves are the Yankees going to make in the 8 or so hours? I'm guessing it will be more than Dustin Ackley.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As it turns out, nothing that involves another organization.

      Delete
  2. I thought he looked good. Showed some good poise. Crazy how many guys have made their debuts this year, with more to come!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Goody just made his debut as well. Youth!

      Delete