Thursday, October 22, 2015

The Last Of My Splurge

Alright, so the one final piece of my previous splurge came in.


That my friends is the Jake Cave 2015 Bowman Chrome autograph. It's the last Yankees autograph I needed from 2015 Bowman Chrome.
Jake Cave is an interesting prospect. Based on the things he allegedly can and can't do, he reminds me of Brett Gardner. He can hit for a high average, make consistent contact, has some speed, is pretty competent defensively, power is kind of iffy, and hits from the left side. Depending on how he works on his approach against left handers, he could range from Gardner's heir as the everyday left fielder, to a fourth outfielder. He was promoted to triple-A very late in the year and saw some time in the triple-A playoffs. He'll likely repeat the level next year and be one of the many lefty hitting outfielders currently providing the Yankees with outfield depth. Oh and he's a huge fan of Eminem.


Now I have all three Yankees prospect autographs from 2015 Bowman Chrome. Now to wait for the autographs in Bowman Draft as well as the hype/prices on the Bowman trio (Refsnyder/Mateo/Severino) to die down. Can't forget Domingo German (even though he's a Marlin) either I guess.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

9 comments:

  1. Nice i've got none. Ordered the Mallex Smith today actually. Can't wait for Bowman Chrome.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rex and his troops are just itching to go on another expedition!

      Delete
  2. Congrats on snagging the last one. Oh, and you're making it increasingly difficult for certain bloggers to find new stuff to send you. That's okay. Maybe I can beat you to the punch on Bowman Draft.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I know that I'm making it difficult for people to work with me. But that's why I collect A-Rod.

      And you may beat me to Bowman Draft, but can you beat my clone army?

      Delete
  3. These look good together. I like Cave's big old legible signature.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. His signature hasn't changed since the TTM request I got in the spring. If he makes it to the bigs I'd imagine that it'll change.

      Delete
  4. Jake Cave should just go play for the Cardinals. As soon as they call him up he would magically hit 20 homeruns. #cardinalsdevilmagic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yes, he'd also be like a top 30 prospect in all of baseball most likely.

      Delete