Wednesday, March 2, 2016

Tinny Tin Tin

So recently I received another package from another one of my Japanese contacts. Or former Japanese contact I should say. This other person, let's call them T-san, decided to put a halt to collecting after their professional life started getting too busy for them to keep up with the hobby.
Nonetheless I did have a few cards for T-san including two personalized autographs so I sent them one last package and in return T-san sent me one last thank you package.


As far as cards go the crown jewel was this Wilkerman Garcia Bowman Chrome autograph. It's the base card version but I have no qualms about adding another certified autograph of MLB.com's FIFTH best Yankees prospect in my collection. Plus this will go nicely with my refractor version of Wilky's BoChro autographs.


There was also this Correlle Prime autograph from 2015 Bowman Chrome. If memory serves this was a dupe that T-san pulled (note, T-san is/was a Rockies collector) and they probably sent me this.


There were a bunch of non-auto'd cards (mostly Yanks and Rocks) but the best of the rest was this green refractor a Series Next die-cut insert of Jacob deGrom. This one is numbered 09/99 too. As a New York resident, this will come in handy in the future.

Of course the cards were what I was expecting and that would've been an absolutely great package on it's own but of course T-san sent me something cooler for one last hurrah.


Like these cool Star Wars Episode 7 themed tins filled with candy!

Two of these tins contained cubed chocolate. The last one contained marshmallows.


There was also this big tin box with a really cool 3D cover which had Kylo Ren from one angle,


And R2D2, BB-8 and C-3PO on the other angle. Isn't it cool?!

The tin contained chocolate.

So yeah that was a really cool trade package from a person I hope returns to this hobby one day. For now, all I can say that is that this was quite a farewell package.

Tーさん、今回のトレードありがとうございました!今まで本当にお世話になりました、色々ありがとうございました!

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

12 comments:

  1. Nice batch! Wilkerman is the man and his name is cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLC. And I agree, the Wilk Man has a level 80 name.

      Delete
  2. That is a really cool package to receive. I'm fascinated by the marketing tie-ins in other countries for movies and such -- I recall seeing a few items in Dubai when I went there and being blown away!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well countries like Japan are frequently importing things from the US, so it doesn't surprise me to see so many marketing tie ins to American brands and franchises.

      Delete
  3. BB8 steals the show everywhere he goes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That he does. Much like R2D2 in the original films.

      Delete
  4. When I first read the post title, I immediately had flashbacks of a an old tv show I watched as a little kid. Rin Tin Tin. Not that a tin of chocolates isn't nice. I'm just sayin.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Was that the show with the dog?

      Lol, I can see how you would make the connection though. My title was originally just supposed to be a reference to Chinny Chin Chin though.

      Delete
  5. How did your friend end up liking the Rockies?

    That Degrom is really cool.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm not sure, I don't think I ever questioned it since I finally had a dumping grounds for unwanted Rockies cards.

      Delete