Thursday, August 11, 2016

A Completed Team Set



So shortly after I blogged about P-Town Tom helping me out with a certain project, a PWE from DefGav, of Baseball Card Breakdown, came to my house. Complete with custom Vin Scully card made in a design that I think is dedicated to the T206.


This was inside. A 2014 Bowman Chrome autograph of Michael O'Neill.

Now at first this probably isn't very significant to most of you. O'Neill's lone claim to fame thus far has been being the nephew of Paul O'Neill. Although he did show some promise in 2014 with Charleston. As of now he's made it to double-A and doing pretty good but with the glutton of outfielders ahead of him (and behind him), he's in for a rough time.

Anyway, this O'Neill is the final piece I needed for the aforementioned project I was working on.


Behold!

This O'Neill was the last piece I needed to complete the Yankees 2014 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs team set.

Back in 2014 I barely had three of these. Fast foward to the second half of 2016 and I have them all now. Yippee!!!


What's even better is that that wasn't the lone card I needed in the PWE. Behold (again), a 2010 Bowman Chrome autograph of Slade Heathcott.

Slade Heathcott showed promise in the Yankees farm system for many years but couldn't stay healthy enough to really show his potential. At his peak he could've been Mike Trout. Unfortunately it just didn't happen that way. Injury after injury, heartbreak after heartbreak. Heathcott did at least make it to the big leagues in 2015 and had some fun moments, but they didn't last.

The Yankees released Heathcott earlier this year and he's since latched onto the Chicago White Sox. I think that makes him their fifth best prospect or something. Heathcott finally returned to action early last month. Does he have a future in the big leagues still? Hard to say, but all that can really be said is that the guy had a ton of potential and it's a shame he couldn't quite put it together.


There were two more certified autographs inside the PWE.
The Adam Warren on the left was originally one I asked Gavin for so I could send it over to P-Town Tom. Little did I know that before that could happen, Warren would come back to the Yankees in the Aroldis Chapman trade. *Womp Womp* Sorry PTT.

The Eric Duncan on the right is pretty cool. Duncan's part of the Staten Island Yankees coaching staff this year. He was there last year too and actually inscribed the autograph of his I bought last year to me. Maybe I should get this one inscribed for someone else? Hmm...


So yeah, big thanks to DefGav for the O'Neill and for helping me finish out this team set.

This is officially the second Bowman Chrome Prospect Autograph team set I've assembled for the Yankees (the first being the 2012 edition). I'm only two away from completing the 2013 set, but that's going to take a while. I'm three away from completing the 2015 set and that's going to take even longer. Everything else? Heck if I know. Maybe it's about time I took inventory.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. No worries about the Adam Warren... in fact, the PC of him you sent me last winter is in your stack right now.
    Oh, and if those 2013 and 2015 Bowman Chrome Prospect Autographs somehow materialize on your blog in the form of a list, then I'd bet it won't take nearly as long as you thought to complete those team sets. Just sayin'. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I've begun work on a "Projects I'm Working On" post. As for the Warrens, you don't need to send them back. You can either keep them or send them to TLC ;).

      Delete
  2. The team set looks amazing! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad I could help!
    btw, the Scully custom isn't really a finished card but rather a reject from when my printer was running out of ink that I used as scratch paper. If you'd like a real copy, I'd be happy to send you one.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh, that makes it even better. I have a test proof version of a Scully custom then!

      Thanks again Gavin. I'm putting together a thank you return package as we speak.

      Delete
  4. Why the heck aren't there more Vin Scully cards out there? I know Panini has produced a few... but I wish Topps would add them to their checklist. Maybe a A&G card?

    P.S. Beautiful set! Congratulations on completing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely, this is Scully's last season and it deserves to be commemorated.

      And thanks Fuji :).

      Delete