Friday, August 12, 2016

#ThankYouAROD

Today is A-Rod's final day as a New York Yankee. For all intents and purposes I'll refrain from saying it's his last day as a major leaguer because I'm still holding out hope for A-Rod the Miami Marlin.


A-Rod's still the greatest player I have ever witnessed at the big league level.

The first A-Rod card I ever pulled

Baseball (to me) is all about entertainment. And there has been nobody more entertaining or more interesting to watch in major league baseball than Alex Rodriguez. He's the very definition of the GOAT to me. At least until Torrens comes along but that's beside the point.


I'll always be an A-Rod fan and an A-Rod collector. I know most of you don't like, or at least don't really care about, A-Rod and that's fine. Just send me your A-Rods and we can both be happy ;).


Anyway today's a very sad day. A-Rod's last day in pinstripes. And we won't even get the entertainment factor of seeing him take 3rd or SS (thanks a lot Girardi).


But still, he's A-Rod. Anything is possible with him. And I'm hoping for a small glimpse of A-Rod the God one last time.










As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

9 comments:

  1. I know what it's like to collect a player heavily that everyone else hates. It's pretty much, "well, I don't care what you think anyway."

    Hell, I've ripped on A-Rod while still collecting Braun. It's all good.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's cool. I mean I'm not A-Rod, I'm just a fan who doesn't really care to know what others think of him.

      Besides, you and I both know that if a player is as hated as A-Rod/Braun, it's easier for us to get their cards for almost nothing ;).

      Delete
  2. You've got some great ARods there. Jealous you've got some autos.

    I want him to hit 3 HRs tonight and end at 699. He'd have to go someplace to get 700 right!?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLC.

      That would've been awesome but I'll settle for what we got. That pre-game ceremony was worth like five home runs worth of entertainment anyway.

      Delete
  3. The Marlins would have made a ton of sense for so long, but now they are good and getting great production from Prado. I don't think he has a spot. Maybe next year since Prado is a free agent.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well rosters expand in a few weeks and it'd be a total Loria move. I personally want it to happen. Plus there've been talks of Marlins signing A-Rod and moving him to first. That NEEDS to happen.

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
  4. Love your blog. Just a heads up in case you weren't doing it on purpose.

    The phrase is "For all intents and purposes"

    Keep writing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the heads up. I need to read more books lol.

      Delete