Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Some Progress

Admittedly I've been neglecting my Luis Torrens collection. I've been busy with other projects not remotely related to baseball. Plus there hasn't been much available that I really "needed."


That was until I found this printing plate. From 2014 Leaf Metal Baseball.


It's the yellow printing plate from the aforementioned product.

Last time I bought a card from this product it was the red auto numbered to five.

With this plate I am now only TWO cards away from the master rainbow. The base SP auto and the black printing plate. Of those two I feel like the black printing plate will be the easier one to find.

This card was actually available on COMC but I actually decided to pay for it through Amazon. I did so because I wanted to see if COMC's shipping on Amazon (and eBay) were quicker. It usually takes me three weeks to get packages on the COMC website. This time this only took me a week.  Of course the shipping fee was $3.99 but still, quicker = better.

Anyway that was my latest Torrens pickup. This brings me up to 11 different Luis Torrens 1/1's and 83 total cards in my Torrens collection. Yes, 83. For a guy who's only been in products from 2013 and 2014. Oy vey.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Sorry that was a typo. 83 is the actual count so far.

      Delete
  2. COMC is crazy backed-up right now so unless you use expedited shipping through their site they estimate about a month plus for packages right now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yikes, I suppose that justifies my decision to use a consignment service.

      Delete
  3. I designate you King of the Torrens. Quite impressive my friend.

    ReplyDelete