Monday, October 3, 2016

Taking A Small Break...

Well baseball season is over. For me it's been over for several weeks or so already since minor league baseball ended back in September. But it's October now. But something's happened recently.

I've had a case of burnout. Again.

My interest in baseball has waned in recent times and you can attribute that to a lot of things like life and such but the fact remains that baseball and cards aren't high on my list of priorities at the moment.

The last time I felt this way I took an entire month off. I feel like I'll do that again.

Will that mean I temporarily stop blogging? Not really.

While I can't really muster up the energy or even motivation to do baseball card related posts I do have ideas for non-baseball card related blog material. Song reviews and other ideas have been floating around in my head and this month might be just the month to do it. Plus you never know, I've got some baseball cards coming that I ordered back in September. Maybe they might trigger something?

In the meantime I'm wrapping up some Zippy Zappings for a lot of you. I guess this is another sign that I'm losing touch. I used to Zap people every week, nowadays I barely Zap people once a year. Where did all of that energy go? Some of them are long passed due.

In the meantime, here are some things you might be seeing on this blog.




As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

16 comments:

  1. Hopefully, there will some Star Wars related posts in the near future!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was suffering from real world burnout... which affected me as a collector and blogger. Thankfully I'm starting to bounce back. Perfect timing, because you know I love me some Star Wars posts.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't have real world burnout but I just have collecting burnout.

      Delete
    2. Over the years... I've had both. You're lucky... I'd much rather have "collecting burnout" than "real world burnout".

      Delete
    3. Lol, I have a feeling I'll be experiencing real world burnout eventually though (many times).

      Delete
  3. I know the burnout feeling well. A little time off from the collection should help. I've found that writing as little as one post a week -- no matter how quick that post is -- does make me feel a lot better about still being "active" in the blogging community, even if I haven't felt as active as I would've liked these past few months.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably gonna spend the next 3 months away from my collection.

      Delete
  4. This is always a good time of year to recharge. Instead of posting yesterday I spent the day cleaning up some of my cardboard mess in my office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your office? Your employer(s) allow it?

      Delete
  5. We'll be here when you're ready and I'm always up for a non-card related post from you as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hope to see you back soon but a break always is good to re-energize !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dutchie. Hopefully I can get the package I've been making for you out soon.

      Delete