Wednesday, February 15, 2017

It's That Time Of The Year

Well we're over a week into February now, that means that the season we all consider to be very important is on it's way.

That's right.

Tax filing season!

Oh yes, it's that time of the year where people begin to do their taxes or continue to blow it off until the last minute. The due date isn't for two more months (look it up yourself, don't take my word for it) but the sooner the better in my book. Yes, for the record, I'm the one in my family who balances the checkbook on a semi-regular basis. I actually just finished balancing it before writing this post and now I feel really depressed.

Anyway, I'm not a certified public accountant, but please know that pets and your neighbor's kids are not dependents. Or at least they can't be unless they have a valid SSN, valid citizenship, have lived with you for a few months (in the case of the kid), and won't file joint tax returns. And even then you're running the risk of fraud, so don't do it.


Oh and before I forget, spring is almost here too. Spring Training is just around the corner and full squad tryouts are set to begin soon. So there's that too. So file your taxes before baseball distracts you for the next nine months.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

6 comments:

  1. I sent out five spring training autograph requests. Still waiting for one more thing before I can do my taxes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm one of those idiots that has tons of money taken out of my paycheck, so that every February is like Christmas all over again. My CPA begs me every year to make adjustments to my W4, but I don't. I'd rather be safe than sorry. Trust me, I know the government is earning interest on my money. Anyways... I can't wait to get my taxes done.

    The only difference is that this year, it's all going into savings. Gotta start planning for the future instead of blowing my return on vacations and cardboard. And who knows... maybe next year, I'll actually listen to my CPA.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, well I hope things go well for you.

      Delete