Saturday, August 22, 2015

12 Down 2 More To Go

So I arranged a trade with another Japanese collector the other day. This marked the first time I had happened to engage in a trade with this individual but we had mutual, um, friends(?) and we worked something out.

It all started when that particular person sent me a picture of this.


Yep, that's a red refractor of LUIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS from 2014 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects. Once the other person offered this to me I pounced on it.

It's numbered 1/5 and is very shiny. However, obtaining it wasn't exactly as smooth as I led on. Let's put it like this. The other person (while nice and lenient) apparently gave up, in all honesty, way too much for this card in another trade. I managed to squabble together a package consisting of things the other person needed (thank goodness a card show was happening when this trade negotiation was going down) and a few of other things to help fill the rest of the void (in terms of monetary value).

This trade brought me back because I haven't been this concerned with trying to match monetary value in years (at least via a trade). Luckily the other person was very nice and was willing to get something done since this was our first trade. Hopefully there will be more to trades to come between us and I can return the favor by getting to know exactly what their niche is (I have a semi-good idea of what that is) and then giving them the usual ZZ treatment ;).

In the meantime, if you guys have any spare Roberto Alomars lying around I'll be open to trading for them. All of them.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

6 comments:

  1. Congrats! The red refractors are so nice. Good luck in tracking down the emailing few.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLC, I agree, they're really shiny.

      Delete
  2. That red refractor looks great!

    I have plenty of overproduction era Roberto Alomars I could send your way, but I'm sure if the guy's a serious Robbie collector he already has them. Unless maybe he's a Tim Wallach Guy type of collector. But yeah, if you want em, let me know.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gav. I'll take them off your hands. You know how I roll Gav, I just send and overwhelming amount of stuff at once and hope some of them stick on the other person's wall ;).

      Delete
    2. Right on.. I'll round up all my Robbie dupes to dump on you soon.

      Delete