So in my last post I went on about the joys about being reunited with food issues.
Today's post is about how I'm got carried away because food issues are available.
In particular Calbees because in the early goings I only intended to open a few bags, mail the contents off to NPB Card Guy and a few others, then move on.
Well inevitably once I was like "I would like to have the Hiroto Takahashi" it started to turn into a chase.
NPBCG thought I only opened like 3 bags, well about that.
I lost track of exactly how many bags I've opened but I think I've gotten through maybe half of a case. Remember that these cards come two per bag.
I've at least been able to pull dupes, many of them. And this is missing roughly a dozen or so that I already mailed off to other people.
After getting my sixth copy of a player named Nishikawa, it hit me that I needed to just swallow the bullet and get the Takahashi card I wanted as a single before I continued to ruin my diet. I initially wanted to wait until I was able to visit Bits! again but instead I opted for a better alternative, which was...
...to be happy with this insert of Shinya Matsuyama I pulled.
This was actually a really nice surprise because last year my friends gifted me a signed shikishi of Matsuyama made out to me. Now I can say I have a personalized autograph, a certified autograph, and a pack-pulled card of his. Not only that but an insert! Only good players get inserts!
My want for a Takahashi evaporated and shortly after my Calbee chips purchases stopped.
Now I'm left with a pile of cards. A bunch are currently being packaged to NPBCG and a few other folks. The rest will probably end up with people I know who could find better use cases for them than me. Maybe.
Also now that we're at the end I'm just going to say it, pulling Pacific League cards feels like the NPB version of pulling Tampa Bay Rays or Miami Marlins cards to me. I'm fully aware the Pacific League caters to a more diverse range of the Japanese populace than the Central League (at least geographically) and is the more talented league and puts in way more effort to draw in fans.
But the Central League just feels better to pull because it has the Yomiuri Giants, the Hanshin Tigers, and my Chunichi Dragons. With those teams I feel prestige, I feel like "well someone probably wants this because of the team". With the Pacific Leaguers it's just, "*sigh* fodder".
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).






Always happy to take whatever you send my way. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteI forgot to send some things so expect another 2 (at least) envelopes after.
DeleteReally digging the design of those inserts.
ReplyDeleteReally contrasts well with the base cards.
DeleteA. If I had access to these bags, I would totally get carried away too.
ReplyDeleteB. Those mascots are AWESOME!
Luckily I've stopped cold turkey since this post.
DeleteAh, that is so cool to see.
ReplyDeleteSince they came out I've been buying bags almost everyday. My routine at work is that I open a bag at lunch time and I have a growing little pile of cards next to my computer on my desk which is slowly growing into the set (I did this last year too).
I pulled the both the Takahashi and Matsuyama cards, though I find it extremely frustrating that there are almost no key Dragons players featured on regular cards (no Takahashi, Matsuyama, Hosokawa, Okabayashi, Uebayashi, Ohno, etc etc - its all middle infielders hitting at or under the Mendoza line (Muramatsu, Tanaka), guys who've barely played in 1 gun at all this year (Nakata and Fukunaga) and a middle reliever (Shimizu).
That is really cool that you have a personalized shikishi signed by Matsuyama, he's really done well in the closer role this season.
And I also get that exact same feeling when I pull PL players (especially the Buffaloes who I am getting a ton of doubles of for some reason....)
If you need any in the pics let me know, if I still have them you can have them.
DeleteAlso yeah I got a ton of Orix and Seibu too. Too many actually.