Shit, I forgot that I had to do more posts on these First Pitch cards lol.
This card came into my possession a good five years ago thanks to Ryan from This Card Is Cool. It focuses on the time Japanese model/actress Nanao threw the first pitch at the Tokyo Dome in 2010.
Nanao (born Nanao Arai) has been in the modeling business for basically the last decade. Going as far back as when she was a freshman in high school. She did modeling on and off during most of her college years, and then focused on her career around the team she graduated. Her agency started having her do a little bit of acting by appearing in a few commercials, and after she switched to another talent agency she started getting airtime on various TV shows which led to even bigger gigs in movies and radio. The 29 year old model/actress' career looks to still be going strong here in 2017. As she starts to enter her 30's, she's apparently reinvented her career a bit to be this sort of evil-witchy character (mainly from playing a cartoon villain on some Power Rangers-esque show). Or like some cold seductress? I don't know. Whatever she's doing seems to be working quite well for her.
The back features a close up of Nanao's face from the shot on the front, the date of the pitch, some personal information, and a blurb about the pitch.
2010 First Pitch
>March 31st >Nipoon Ham VS Orix
>Tokyo Dome
Nanao [Model]
Born 1988. 10. 28
172cm
From: Saitama Prefecture
Blood Type: O
At this point I should probably start specifying what blood type the people I blog about are (assuming that info is out there at all). You all seem to get a kick out of it.
As for the first pitch commemorated on the card, I can't find any footage of it. At best there are a few photographs of it online, but the card described it as being a ball. That said, I think the card speaks for itself lol. She was scantily clad since this was basically right around her Race Queen era (oh yeah she was a race track girl and was even voted as the best Race Track Queen in 2009) and selling her sex appeal. Was the pitch any good? I wouldn't know, and at the time I doubt anyone was really focusing on that. The best the card can say is that she had good form. Take that for what it's worth.
Interestingly enough she just threw the first pitch again earlier this year, this time with more clothes to allow people (read: men) to focus and actually film it. Looks like it was a decent first pitch.
Alright, two First Pitches down, a few more to go.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).


Yes! More celebrities with O blood type! LOL
ReplyDeleteI'm curious to know how many of them are out there.
DeleteNow, to get Topps to use half naked celebrities on their first pitch cards, they'd make a fortune. Oh yeah, they are have a fortune, lol.
ReplyDeleteConsidering how the likes of Chrissy Teigan and Nina Agdal have thrown pitches (in not swimsuits) MLB has missed multiple opportunities.
DeleteGood stuff. I collect the first pitch BBM Cards of sumo wrestlers. Nanao has it going on.
ReplyDeleteBy sumo wrestler standards?
DeleteDefinitely a card of the year candidate back in 2010.
ReplyDeleteHmm, now there's a post idea.
DeleteGREAT card!
ReplyDeleteBut what makes it so great? ;)
DeleteThat first pitch image makes it look like she doesn't eat much of anything.
ReplyDeleteThe Japanese are really conscious about their weight. A size medium by American standards might as well be labeled "obese" over there. Plus she apparently works out a lot. Not sure if she did then but take that for what it's worth :P.
Delete