For some reason recovering from jet-lag is always worse when I get back to New York than when I go to Japan. Jet-lag in Japan (for me) is manageable because I often just end up waking up very early in the morning (which is great because I have people to see and places to be). But my jet-lag in the US is terrible. I'm in bed for an entire week feeling like shit. I only get up to eat food or go to the bathroom. I remember watching a show where Masahiro Tanaka even went in front of a panel of various experts and asked them how to get rid of jet-lag because it takes him a week to recover from it in NYC. The experts responded by saying that fornication is the best way to get rid of jet-lag. A lot of it at that. From my experience, good luck trying to get it up. And by "get it up" I mean trying to get your exhausted body into an upright position, let alone any position period besides "almost dying on your bed". And if your partner is also jet-lagged, forget it, either do that shit before you leave or join the mile high club.
Anyway, here's a preview of some of my spoils in Japan.
Hopefully this will hold this blog over in terms of content for months to come.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).







I'm really looking forward to finding out about that first card!
ReplyDeleteSo am I TBH.
DeleteKenny you will now be magically healed and relieved of your jet lag. LOL.
ReplyDeleteGiven how messed up my internal clock is right now, it doesn't look like it...
DeleteCool! Looking forward to seeing everything. Welcome back!
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to showing off everything too. Thanks.
DeleteLooking forward to seeing your spoils! I know I sure enjoyed my proxy trip to Japan via your trade package.
ReplyDeleteLooking forward to seeing your post about them (should you blog about them) too Nick.
DeleteI don't know that I've ever suffered from jet lag. I've never traveled as far as Japan... Paris didn't give me jet lag... maybe I'm lucky? Maybe I need to travel through more time zones?
ReplyDeleteWelcome back!
Given what NPB Card Guy said below, I'd recommend going to the Pacific and seeing how your jet lag goes.
DeleteI've gone over the Pacific twice in my life - once to Australia and once to Japan - and both times the jet lag coming back was worse than going over.
ReplyDeleteNice cards - I think I'm going to need to track down those Epoch One cards for the Dragons draft picks...
Good luck. The pricing on the One cards are all over the place and kinda nuts.
DeleteNever experienced jet lag, but being confined to your bed for a week doesn't sound like fun. Hope you're feeling better soon. Looking forward to seeing all of the goodies you found while in the motherland.
ReplyDeleteGiven how I've immediately got stuff to do this week I'm testing my theory that jet-lag'll feel less worse off if I have a busy schedule.
DeleteEvery single time I go to Japan I’m a champ. Every single time I come home, I feel like ass. Same way with living in Europe. Easy to travel back home to US, but hard as heck to adjust back to Europe. Best method is to stay awake as much as possible on the plane flying West and sleep like a Rock Star on the plane flying East. Thanks for sharing your spoils.
ReplyDeleteHonestly I've tried that and it failed spectacularly. So far the only that's helped is being too busy to have jet-lag (interviews, work, school, etc.. ) immediately after landing.
DeleteLove this blog. Where would a guy find 2011 Sega Gen cards? I just need one guy and he is not a Star. #225 Blake Dewitt
ReplyDeleteIve crossed both the Atlantic and Pacific many, many times, and flying east was always harder for me.
Thanks
Unfortunately your best bet is a miracle on eBay at this point. The wells have all dried up. Good luck.
Delete