Monday, February 18, 2019

3 Cards (Vol 7)

So after my trip to Japan I brought back a big stack of cards. There were so many cards in that stack that I had no idea where to start when blogging about them. So instead of condensing them all into a big post (which most of you will only read a quarter of), I decided to blog about them at a rate of three cards at a time. Maybe some of them will make for interesting material, maybe they won't. Let's find out.

Card #1

When I said I brought back cards, I didn't say they were all sports cards.


Truth be told I didn't spend a whole lot of time looking for Yu-Gi-Oh! cards this past winter. I barely had time for baseball cards as it was. But I did visit one shop one time and got all of the cards I needed (a whopping seven cards). Starting with that awesome Dark Magician Girl card.

Of course that isn't your ordinary Yu-Gi-Oh! card. In that it's actually a Dungeon Dice Monsters card. Dungeon Dice Monsters is/was Yu-Gi-Oh!'s less successful spinoff game that involved dice, an actual board and a lot less enthusiasm from the player base. Truth be told I've never played it but if it's anything like how the anime presented it, I'm going to stay far far away.


Except of course to add this Dark Magician Girl to my collection. It's worth it then.

Card #2


This second card is the Magician of Black Illusion. This card basically serves as a placeholder for Dark Magician in what would obviously be a Dark Magician themed deck. It special summons itself, it can call itself Dark Magician and it can special summon Dark Magician. It's not Dark Magician but it's almost as if it is Dark Magician.

Card #3


Speaking of which here's the real Dark Magician himself.

I actually didn't buy this at a shop. I bought it at the supermarket.


You see one of the supermarkets I stopped by were selling potato chips that came with Yu-Gi-Oh! cards. Obviously this caught the attention of 10 year old inner-me and I bought a pack. The card I pulled was Dark Magician. I wanted Dark Magician Girl but it was a nice consolation prize.


Snacks and a freebie Yu-Gi-Oh! card. I love my motherland.

So that was a gaming card centric 3 cards. I think next time we'll go back to talking about sports cards again, but it's always great to break up the monotony.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. No complaints here on the change up to gaming cards. Nice to see the snack-related cards!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. While not quite "snack" related perse, I've got snack-related's distant cousin on standby.

      Delete
  2. Snack related cards get the thumbs up. Every one has to feed their inner ten-year-old!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My inner 10-year old wanted more and is angry at me for not buying more.

      Delete
  3. I played dungeon dice only a few times. I did cosplay as Duke Devlin at Otacon 2004ish tho. I enjoy the Yugioh cards on the blog once in awhile. I haven't played for many many years though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't really collect Yugioh cards, but I would have bought a few of those bags of chips if I had the opportunity. Sure wish they sold these in the Japanese grocery stores in my area.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not sure why they never import these over to the US considering how they're only like $1 over there.

      Delete