Monday, September 23, 2019

Strange Things Happen

A while ago I was talking with Once A Cub about NPN's. Nothing too comprehensive, it was mostly just me lamenting how I'd yet to get any NPN's from baseball products. Not for a lack of trying though. Over the years I've bugged friends and strangers alike who had access to products earlier than others for NPN addresses.

In the baseball department I'm 0-for-∞. I lost count after my eighth failure so I just decided to turn it on its side and make it infinity since I'm sure that's just as accurate.

Meanwhile with non-sports, I was 3-for-8 as of September 19th, 2019. I blogged about my NPN successes a few months ago. It was from Topps Stranger Things Season 1.

Well on September 20th, 2019, that average changed.


I went from 3-for-8 to 7-for-16!

I immediately knew what was inside these and I think the rest of you all can tell too.


Yup, NPN swag from Topps Stranger Things Season 2!

See, back in early April this set came out and I had asked a user named Goalie29 on a trading card forum pass along the NPN address to me. They generously did and I immediately sent out eight requests within the next 12 hours. Five months later, half of them worked!

I think a huge part of the reason my success rate is greater with Stranger Things is because I've been able to send out eight requests each time. Meanwhile with baseball products they're all strictly one-per-household. I don't know how LV managed to luck into the successes they've had over the years.

Just last week I sent out two requests, one for 2019 Topps Archives Snapshots and another for 2019 Bowman Chrome. I have zero expectations that the BoChro request is going to land but I'm hoping the online exclusivity factor reduces my competition for Archives Snapshots. Fingers crossed!

Based on the timing of both these and the last NPNs I got, I won't know until five months from now (NEXT FEBRUARY!), but it's a fun little thing to come home to long after you've forgotten about it.

Anyway back to the NPNs from this time.


As you can see these are all stickers. All pretty great characters at that. Two main characters is always a plus, and I loved Bob too *sobs*.

Unfortunately I never saw any packs or blasters at my local Target so I never bothered picking up any cards. Honestly I'm okay with that because while building the Season 1 set was fun, it's taking up a whole lot of space and I'm regretting it. I really didn't want to do it with Season 2, which is a season I personally enjoyed a little less than 1 to begin with, so I didn't.


That said, I am aware that there are only 20 of these character stickers. So if I were to collect anything from this set, it'd be this specific insert set. I already have one-fifth of the set, the rest shouldn't be that hard to get. I hope. Please. I put up a want list anyway.

Anyway while that happens (will it?), now begins the countdown to Topps Stranger Things Season 3. Ooh boy...

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. This math teacher approves of your turning the eight on its side to create an infinity sign.
    Congrats on the NPN success!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations! It's nice to know that people actually receive stuff from these NPN offers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool cards. Interested to see the Season 3 ones....

    ReplyDelete