Thursday, January 2, 2020

First TTM Autos of 2020

Normally I don't make rushed in-between posts like this, but today's mail featured something very cool. As the title suggests, it's indeed my first TTM "return" of 2020. But not just any TTM return.


Yes indeed, the 2019 edition of the Detroit Lions cheerleaders card poster.

It's only been 2020 for two days and I can already say I have 30 TTM autographs this year.

This time the lovely women who signed for me are...
Top row (left to right): Samantha "Sammi", Christy, Shelby, Lexi, Kendall C., Kendall D.
Second row (l to r): Jazzmine "Jazz", Briana, Mackenzie "Kenzie" M., Karoline, Kayla
Third Row (l to r): Patricia "Patty", Carly D, Tianna, Dianne, Alison, Valerie
Fourth Row (l to r): Mackenzie "Mack" N., Veronica, Alissa, Mackenzie "Mack" T., Zarah, Kathryn, Carly T.
Bottom Row (l to r): Autumn, Brittany (Captain), Alexandria (Captain), Holly (Captain), Jenna (Captain), Micah


The back features close up headshots of all 30 members of the cheerleading squad as well as their Director Rebecca Smoker and Coordinator Jordan Haag. Neither of their autographs are on this but that's fine, beggars can't be choosers.

Much like last time these are always fun to receive in the mail and I'm super thankful to the cheerleaders for taking the time to sign this thing for me.

Detroit sports teams are going through a really rough time right now but it is worth noting that they do tend to do a lot of cool things involving autographs. There's this, and the autographs for a cause programs that the Detroit Tigers and Detroit RedWings do where you can get autographs from players in exchange for a donation to various charities that go towards improving Detroit (and Michigan as a whole). I appreciate that.


Also, this time a pocket schedule for the 2019 season was included. Cool, I know the Lions had a season that tumbled out of control after some BS ref calls that went towards the Packers, but hopefully they'll be right back in the thick of things next season.

I'm allowed to be optimistic for the Lions because the New York Giants don't play in the same division, and because the Giants are very bad anyway.


It's also tough to diss a team when their cheerleaders sign for you too. That's also a factor.

Anyway big thanks to the cheerleaders for signing for me, and for just trying to keep Detroit's spirits up as the world around them (both in sports and out of sports) kept trying to grind it into dust.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

9 comments:

  1. Had to go online to get a better look and pick out a favorite:

    Brittany.

    FWIW - there are 3 women on the squad named Mackenzie.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do not believe in favorites, they're all wonderful women.

      Delete
  2. I almost though I was about to see a bunch of Japanese baseball cheerleaders. So close....but Detroit cheerleaders are a good runner up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That poster is sweet! I have been quietly cheering for the Lions since the 90's... but especially the past decade or so. My best friend's husband is a Lion's fan... so I always support them when they aren't playing the Packers or the Seahawks.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Even you have to admit that the calls against the Lions in the Packers game were BS.

      Delete