Thursday, November 26, 2020

Things

It's no secret that I've been away from this blog for a bit. Consider these past few months a little hiatus for me from the hobby. There's a lot of reasons for why I've been away, a new job chief among them.

What's really consumed my free time has basically been me watching cartoons again. Ducktales and The Owl House chief among them. Both are Disney Channel cartoons but pretty well made, Ducktales in particular. Both even got me drawing fanart for the first time in over a decade.

Also helps that The Owl House had trading cards drop. Yeeeee!

Also doesn't help that my interest in sports dipped. It's just hard to get into it this year with *gestures at everything*. As that goes so too does my interest in cards. The odd TTM request that trickled in was neat but other than that almost nothing really kept me going.

Emphasis on almost.

One of the few things that were worth paying attention for me was Luis Torrens getting baseball cards. Topps made a spot for him in Topps Total's 2020 offering and naturally I was snatching them up. I am a wee bit curious if Torrens pops up in 2020 Update or 2021 Series 1, but as for now I at least have this.

And this.


And this.

Now all that's left is the 1/1. And speaking of 1/1's...


I can also now call my Anthony Seigler collection official thanks to this 1/1 printing plate.

I really appreciate that the back of this plate is loyal to the card it was made to make and not some boring text.

At the risk of turning this into a show and tell post the other sports pick-up I made in recent times that wasn't a 1/1 was this BoChro auto of Yoendrys Gomez. The recent offerings from Bowman Chrome have been excellent in terms of being primarily Latin American prospects I need to round out my Top 30 prospects project. At the moment they're not too expensive (though not too cheap either) and Gomez was the one I actually won by putting in the lone bid. Works for me because I like Gomez a lot since he follows me on Twitter, although he was active for like a week then disappeared before 2019 even ended lmao.

Anyway that's just a little show and tell/proof of life post from me. I hope you're all doing well.

Remember to stay safe, socially distance and remember that COVID-19 is still a threat. Wash your hands, wear a mask when in public and make sure to follow procedures set out by the CDC and other appropriate authorities.
BLM, defund the police and fund local communities, take care.

5 comments:

  1. Great shot of Torrens on that card. He doesn't have a Mariners card yet, right?

    I love the Seigler and Gomez cards! Jealous of those.

    Congrats on the job - I hope it's going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the new job... and the new additions to your collection. Very cool that you now have three of the four printing plates. I wonder if the yellow one has ever popped up on the internet... or if it's sitting buried in a collector's box. Anyways... hopefully it eventually finds its way into your collection. Happy Thanksgiving Zippy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome Torrens cards, especially that black parallel!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the job! Not enough of those going around these days.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome back and congrats on the new job. Hope it goes well for you. I only own one printing plate, but definitely cool that you have three. stay safe too!

    ReplyDelete