Received On: 8/11/2021
My first return this month was from Taylor Otto.
I received a return from Otto last month but I sent out a follow-up/Promising Prospects insert as well. Big thanks to Ms. Otto for signing both. I wish I could attach a video of her NWSL highlights but it's a bit tricky to parse out where she is so here's one from her college days.
Hopefully she'll have highlights like this to come in the NWSL too.
The coolest part of this return is that Ratcliffe was nice enough to send back a note.
Received On: 8/16/2021
Next up is a return from Yankees prospect Mitch Spence.
Spence was drafted by the New York Yankees in the 10th round of the 2019 MLB Player Draft out of USC Aiken. Spence is armed with a fastball, curveball and changeup and has made the most out of his opportunities. He got off to a pretty good start for the Pulaski Yankees back when he was first drafted and he's had a solid season so far for the high-A Hudson Valley Renegades. So much so that Spence was briefly in the top 30 prospects list on MLB Pipeline before getting removed in the latest update. Spence's long term output is a bit murky but given the promising results put up so far it's fun to see just how far he'll end up going forward.
Received On: 08/24/2021
Here's a return from actress Cindy Morgan.
Morgan is best known for her roles as Lacey Underall in the 1980 movie Caddyshack but not too far behind that is her role as Yori for the 1982 movie Tron. She's appeared in other films and even TV shows including CHiPs and Matlock but surprisingly the pool of cards she appears on is rather limited. She switched to more of a behind the scenes role in various productions in the years since but still makes public appearances here and there.
Received On: 08/26/2021
Next is a really cool return from Brittany Ratcliffe.
Ratcliffe was originally drafted by the Boston Breakers in the second round of the 2016 NWSL College Draft out of the University of Virginia. Considered the 18th best high school soccer player before college, her college tenure is filled with notable highlights en route to All-ACC Third Team honors, twice. Since turning pro Ratcliffe's spent time on NWSL teams that unfortunately no longer exist as she went from the Boston Breakers to the FC Kansas City to Utah Royals FC. Although there was a brief Chicago Red Stars stint in there, before landing with the North Carolina Courage for the 2021 season.
AND a ribbon. Very cool. The second such cool momento I ever got via TTM.
Also got a letter from Haran as well. Always super cool.
Received On: 9/1/2021
Here's a return from Ally Haran.
Haran was originally drafted by the Seattle Reign in the third round of the 2018 NWSL College Draft out of Wake Forest University. During her time with Wake Forest she was captain of the soccer team and a key cog of this defense during her entire tenure. For her pro career instead of going to Seattle she played in Úrvalsdeild kvenna, one of the top women's soccer leagues in Iceland, to start her career with the Selfoss team. She later returned to play for the North Carolina Courage and later the Houston Dash. She spent 2020 with the Orlando Pride and signed a one-year contract to stay with them for 2021.
And those were my returns this past month. Big thanks to Ms. Otto, Morgan, Ratcliffe and Haran as well as Mr. Spence for the awesome autographs (and then some!).
As always thank you (the readers) for stopping by too. Take care.
2021 TTM Count: 38
Sources:








I like the look of the Hudson Valley cards. Cool successes.
ReplyDeleteThe sleekness of the Hudson Valley logo helps imho.
DeleteSweet NWSL returns! Just curious... did you send those three cards to them c/o the team? Maybe I'll try to send the Okimoto and see if she signs.
ReplyDeleteI've experimented with both team addresses and stadium addresses across a few teams. I think Okimoto is with the Portland Thorns now and for them I've had better luck with the stadium. That said I don't see Okimoto on their active roster and I think she's quasi-retired.
DeleteOh man. Bummer. Thanks for the info.
DeleteMight be worth a shot but big risks.
DeleteReally enjoying the NWSL signatures. They must not get a lot of mail.
ReplyDeleteI wonder if the release of this set increased how much fanmail they get.
DeleteVery nice get on the Cindy Morgan auto. Can't believe I'm the first one commenting on that. She was a HS teen's dream back in the early '80s.
ReplyDeleteThe printing on the Ratcliffe note looks like it took her an hour to write it. ... Still like the design on those NWSL cards.
Yeah this is the first time I've ever seen someone write in all caps in their own actual handwriting but I kinda appreciate the uniqueness all the same.
Delete