Monday, September 19, 2022

185

 Recently Night Owl Cards amassed 1,000 different Clayton Kershaw cards.

Even if we're in the era of mass production and able to purchase almost anything online that's still an incredible feat. One that I'm probably not going to reach with my Luis Torrens collection.


As of right now I'm sitting at 185 after the newest addition, the red Topps Now parallel above, came in.

It means I'm only the 1/1 away from the rainbow and 15 away from reaching the 200 Torrens card plateau. This is out of 232 total cards (according to TCDB).

Truth be told I'm not in any rush to reach that mark since I know it's just a matter of time.

I don't think Torrens is going to get the Kershaw treatment and get billions of cards every year (thank fuck) but I do still think it's neat that even this niche collection of an obscure MLBer can get to these levels. Speaks to just how hard Torrens has been working to stay relevant in the MLB these past few years too. They don't just give card slots away to anybody.


Meanwhile I'm not sure I'll ever get anywhere numbers wise with my Thairo Estrada collection. According to TCDB, Thairo has a respectable 311 cards. Of that I think I only have about 25 at most.
That's mostly by design as Thairo got a lot of cards as a token Yankees rookie in 2019 and I avoided most of them outside of just the simple flagship rookie card. I've long since accepted that Thairo won't be anywhere close to the Torrenterion collection and I'm just going after Thairo cards that appeal to me.

Like that Topps Now card above, celebrating how Estrada hit a walk-off dinger for his new team (not long after Torrens had his walk-off BTW). Not bad for a guy Cashman traded away for nothing.


Also his MiLB cards too. I also finally went out and got his Scranton Wilkes-Barre card from 2019 too, effectively completing the run of his MiLB team/league issued cards (as of today).


And since I'm not sure I'll ever have another chance to talk about it, I got Anthony Seigler's latest MiLB card too.


And like Thairo this completes my run of Seigler's MiLB team/league issued cards too.


Maybe one day Seigler will also get a Topps Now card commemorating a walk-off in an MLB game. Fingers crossed. Though I don't think he needs too many more cards TBH. According to TCDB, Seigler has the most cards out of anyone I've shown in this post with 460(!) cards. Though in Seigler's case he has a bunch of Team USA cards as well as the boost of being a Yankees first round draft pick.

Hmmm, I think I'll just stick with MiLB releases with Seigler too. That'd make it a lot simpler.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment