Pulling the plug on the TTM/IP collection did not necessarily mean that I won't still continue partaking in these hobbies in some form in 2024 and beyond. Old habits die hard. It just means my focus will be narrowed down, er, even more narrower than before.
Like this return from Vinny Castilla, which was the first (and to date last) request I sent out in 2024.
Castilla is one of those names people who grew up with baseball in the 1990's and 2000's remember. He was a staple of those early Colorado Rockies teams, or at least it feels like it in hindsight. Castilla enjoyed a 16 year long career as a major leaguer and he was a two time All Star and one of Mexico's best and brightest stars to date.
I picked up this Bazooka blast bat relic around the same time as when I picked up the Todd Helton Bazooka bat relic. I immediately then sent this off as a TTM request using PastPros after paying his fee.
A month or so later it returned and it helped me reach the 1,500 TTMs mark.
At least per my back-of-the-napkin-math count. When I took stock of the stuff I got that was dismantled and sent off, I was at 1,499.
I suppose that those are rookie numbers compared to people who can afford to send requests to every minor leaguer ever every summer but I'm still surprised I reached 1,000 in hindsight.
Going forward I might get some more here and there as a few forgotten requests from years ago trickle in, or I dabble more with non-sports. But we'll see what happens with the sports stuff I guess. The whole reason I dumped a bunch of base cards onto Nick was so I wouldn't be tempted to send requests anymore.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care.
2024 TTM Count: 1
Sources:
*https://www.baseball-reference.com/players/c/castivi02.shtml

I really like those Bazooka relics. Although it would have been tiny... it would have been cool had Vinny signed the bat.
ReplyDeleteBy the way... I have this Freeland #'d to five. I know you said you weren't trying to add more cards to your collection, but if you want it... it's yours. Just email me... since Blogger is really bad about notifying me that someone has responded to my comments.
I'm not interested. Thanks.
DeleteBelated congrats on #1500!
ReplyDeleteThanks.
Delete