Starting with the first Luis Torrens card made in 2021 that I added to my collection. This is also my first card of Torrens as a member of the Seattle Mariners org, as well as him as a first baseman. This may be shocking to hear but Torrens showed that he was mortal earlier this season by having a slow start to the season after a promising September in 2020. It was enough that he was sent down to the triple-A affiliate for the M's and after a few weeks he was back up with the big league club and has proceeded to look like Mike Trout. Well okay not really. but he's been good enough that I embarrass myself on Twitter every other day by going apeshit whenever he hits a dinger. The M's also have firmly tried to keep Torrens' bat in the lineup but shifting him to the DH slot as they give catching reps to their catching prospect Cal Raleigh. Which is fine but that's a total waste of an elite talent. With roster management like that it's no wonder the Mariners have never accomplished anything and never will. Anyway, will Torrens finally get a card as a Mariner in this year's update offering? I don't know and I won't care until I notice eBay listings pop up. In the meantime I just hope Torrens dominates in the ALW and gets traded to a real winner by the trade-happy Jerry Dipoto so he doesn't waste his prime in Seattle like every other Mariners superstar who came before him and will come after him.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care.


I like the Vargas the most, I think. But lots that I'm envious of here. Chandler Champlain is an A+ name.
ReplyDeleteThe guys on the radio were raving about Thairo Estrada yesterday morning on my drive into work. They're hoping he becomes the everyday 2nd baseman for the Giants.
ReplyDeleteI hate it when Yankees also become Giants and vice versa. It's like they've committed their entire career to plotting against me.
ReplyDeleteI really hope Estrada makes it into Update. He's been great this year.
ReplyDeleteAlso nice Deivi. I missed getting his signature in Trenton.