Friday, February 14, 2014

TTM Return: Justin Masterson

My latest TTM return is from my favorite pitcher who isn't/was never a Yankee.

Received On: 2/14/2014

Justin Masterson was originally drafted by the Boston Red Sox in the 2nd round of the 2006 MLB player draft and made his MLB debut on April 24th, 2008 and was yo-yo'd up and down the majors and minors for the rest of the year. The following year he was traded along with Nick Hagadone and Bryan Price to the Cleveland Indians for Victor Martinez and has since gone on to be the Indians' ace and was their opening day starter in 2012 and 2013.

I really love this return because this is now the 4th Sega Card Gen card I've had a player sign. Plus Masterson even took the time to inscribe a bible verse.
But the same time I feel like an asshole right now because I figured that this return (which I sent in mid-August last year) was never going to return and sent another request to Mr. Masterson just last week for try number 2. I feel pretty guilty for letting impatience get the better of me. Hopefully I won't make the same mistake next year with somebody else.

TTM Goal Countdown: 48

4 comments:

  1. I'm sure these guys love seeing such a unique card to sign.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. There have been some occasions where the players kept the Japanese card for themselves and sent me another card. No major complaints from me though since I still got an autograph in the end :).

      Delete
  2. Interesting autograph, almost looks like he used a ruler under his name.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True. It still looks consistent/similar to the other TTM autographs I've seen him sign.

      Delete