Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Luis Torrens Named 4th Best Prospect In The NYPL

Recently BaseballAmerican unveiled it's list of the top 20 prospects in every league in the minors. And on the top 20 New York-Penn League prospects, blog hero Luis Torrens made an appearance at number 4.


Now I'm sure we all know that number four is far too low for a player of LUIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS' caliber (unless we're talking about batting orders), but I respect Baseball America's choice to put Marcos Molina, Reynaldo Lopez and Amed Rosario in front of Luis. Their decision is wrong of course, but I respect it. #Scorin'Torrens

Still, I am pretty happy for Luis. He's the only Staten Island Yankee who managed to make it onto the NYPL top 20 (Hensley just missed making it due to lack of service time) and has opened quite a fair number of eyes here in 2014. By this time next year he'll hopefully be in the list of the top 20 Florida State League prospects.

I'm so happy in fact, that I've already begun planning another contest. Stay tuned for updates on my next giveaway.

Anyway as always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

4 comments:

  1. I'm happy LUIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS is getting some national recognition. I'm hoping my boy, ROCK SHOULDERS, bounces back next year.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, as a fan it's nice to see Luis start to land on the map.
      As a collector it's not nice because his prices are probably going to skyrocket.

      Delete
  2. Now that he is on the fast track to Yankee Stadium you can sell your collection and retire :)

    ReplyDelete