Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wob Balked!

A while back I said I was going to stop doing trade posts because I'm too lazy (also because I no longer trade with people, I just Zap people and they surprise me back), but today I received a package from Bob Walk The Plank that's so great that that rule can be broken. Now Bob Walk The Plank has sent me a lot of great cards in these past few months that I've integrated into other planned posts but this latest one just demands to be seen immediately.
I mean take a look at this!


THAT, my friends, is Luis Torrens' black On Fire die-cut auto from 2014 Leaf Valiant. Why's it so special? Well...


It might be a little hard to see but this fine specimen is numbered THREE OUT OF FIVE!
Matt knows that Zippy goes Zappy for Torrens, and boy am I Zappy for this card. It's the second Torrens I have that's numbered to five and they're both numbered 3/5.

Matt, I don't know what you had to do get this (was it the eBay auction that only went for under $10 shipped?) and I have no idea how I'm going to pay you back. Well okay I have a few ideas. Or at least I did until I saw the other cards Matt sent along.

Yep, BWTP included those four A-Rod relics with the Torrenator. And they're all from special sets. The Topps 60 & Gypsy Queen relics are from 2011, the year I came into this hobby.
The ASG relic is from 2005 Topps, the very first pack of cards I ever got was 2005 Topps (series 2).
The Turkey Relic, well, I don't have any special ties to 2005 TR but the original Turkey Red featured some greats who played for the Highlanders, so there's that!

Thanks a lot for the great cards Matt, they're wonderful!

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Very nice. But this ruins the Christmas gift I had in store for you. Now I need to save it for a time when it won't be paling in the shadows. When's your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that that wouldn't happen. I'm always happy to receive something :).

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's a hell of a package! That Torrens auto is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my life savings on that card Zippy.....you owe me big time. In reality I stumbled upon it looking for Pirates out of the same set and noticed the price was crazy low. I would feel bad knowing that the biggest Luis Torrens fan I know didn't own that card. No need to feel obligated that you owe me something. It was a good deal and I happened to be on eBay at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw crud, does this mean I have to pay for your daughter's college tuition?

      Lol, thanks a bunch for thinking of me Matt. I'll be sure to make it up to you (somehow).

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays Kenny. Good luck with the Burger Kimg chase

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Happy Holidays to you and yours too Mark :).

      Delete