Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Wob Balked!

A while back I said I was going to stop doing trade posts because I'm too lazy (also because I no longer trade with people, I just Zap people and they surprise me back), but today I received a package from Bob Walk The Plank that's so great that that rule can be broken. Now Bob Walk The Plank has sent me a lot of great cards in these past few months that I've integrated into other planned posts but this latest one just demands to be seen immediately.
I mean take a look at this!


THAT, my friends, is Luis Torrens' black On Fire die-cut auto from 2014 Leaf Valiant. Why's it so special? Well...


It might be a little hard to see but this fine specimen is numbered THREE OUT OF FIVE!
Matt knows that Zippy goes Zappy for Torrens, and boy am I Zappy for this card. It's the second Torrens I have that's numbered to five and they're both numbered 3/5.

Matt, I don't know what you had to do get this (was it the eBay auction that only went for under $10 shipped?) and I have no idea how I'm going to pay you back. Well okay I have a few ideas. Or at least I did until I saw the other cards Matt sent along.

Yep, BWTP included those four A-Rod relics with the Torrenator. And they're all from special sets. The Topps 60 & Gypsy Queen relics are from 2011, the year I came into this hobby.
The ASG relic is from 2005 Topps, the very first pack of cards I ever got was 2005 Topps (series 2).
The Turkey Relic, well, I don't have any special ties to 2005 TR but the original Turkey Red featured some greats who played for the Highlanders, so there's that!

Thanks a lot for the great cards Matt, they're wonderful!

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Very nice. But this ruins the Christmas gift I had in store for you. Now I need to save it for a time when it won't be paling in the shadows. When's your birthday?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm sure that that wouldn't happen. I'm always happy to receive something :).

      Delete
  2. Wow. That's a hell of a package! That Torrens auto is very cool.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I spent my life savings on that card Zippy.....you owe me big time. In reality I stumbled upon it looking for Pirates out of the same set and noticed the price was crazy low. I would feel bad knowing that the biggest Luis Torrens fan I know didn't own that card. No need to feel obligated that you owe me something. It was a good deal and I happened to be on eBay at the right time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw crud, does this mean I have to pay for your daughter's college tuition?

      Lol, thanks a bunch for thinking of me Matt. I'll be sure to make it up to you (somehow).

      Delete
  4. Happy holidays Kenny. Good luck with the Burger Kimg chase

    ReplyDelete