Saturday, March 7, 2015

As One Mission Ends, Another Begins

Remember that time I blogged about how the Luis Torrens yellow refractor was sold on eBay right under my nose?

Well I was able to get in contact with the person who bought that refractor and managed to work out a deal for it.

A week later this finally arrived.

YEAHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!

Yep. The last non-printing plate piece of the 2013 Bowman Chrome Luis Torrens rainbow finally arrived.


As you can see it's numbered 01/10.

In the eBay auction/BIN the seller set up, he wrote the following,

"This is a baseball card and everyone knows baseball is a sport with cards made for happiness."

And boy is he right about that. I'm incredibly happy to have this card and to say I have the Luis Torrens Bowman Chrome rainbow.


Of course I'm missing the plates but what can you do?

Now I could end this post here. But it seemed fitting that as one mission of mine came to an end, I decided to begin a new one.
For you see, for the first time in eons I've decided to go after a full card set.

That card set is the new 100 card, 20 sticker and 10 tattoo set from the 2015 Topps Star Wars Rebels set.


I picked up three rack packs the other day (and yes, a Clone Break for them/product review post is coming soon ;)) and I'm going to pick up a few more, but I thought I'd post a want list first.
I've posted it on my "What I Collect" page,


For those of you who've been struggling to figure out what I'm looking for, here's the first (and only) time I'll ever put up a detailed list of card numbers I "need" that you all might come across. I'll also accept unopened packs as well ;).

Any help with this set will be greatly appreciated since this set seems like the kind of set that'll be easily forgotten and be hard to track down later. As my good friend Ryan once said, cards centered on children's TV shows are hard to find.


So anyway, big thanks to all of the people who've helped me build my Luis Torrens rainbow. I am still in shock that I managed to pull this off.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

14 comments:

  1. Absolutely beautiful. (Mental note: when going after a rainbow make it a chrome... none of that paper garbage.)

    Well done!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tom :).

      And yeah I'd recommend a Chrome rainbow. I'm sure the papers look nice too but the Chromes are really shiny.

      Delete
  2. That has to feel good finishing that rainbow. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How in the hell did you find the buyer of the yellow? Did you hack the seller's account?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Long story short, the buyer and I are both members of an internet forum.

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. I would say thanks. But with the way you wrote really...

      ;).

      Delete