Friday, April 8, 2016

One Tear For Torrens

A few days ago I briefly mentioned that Luis Torrens' return was imminent but also delayed. Well here's a blogpost to expand on that because this is Luis Torrens fan blog.

So earlier this week (or was it near the end of last week?) the Charleston Riverdogs announced their official opening day roster. It featured a ton of notable guys like Domingo Acevedo, Kyle Holder, Hoy Jun Park and Thairo Estrada.

Now that's all fine and good but one key player was missing, Luis Torrens.

Thanks to a contact of mine down in Florida it was quickly revealed to me that Torrens was being held behind in Tampa due to some shoulder issues.


A few days after that Pinstriped Prospects had more regarding Luis Torrens' shoulder.
Apparently there's an irritated labrum (according to Riverdogs manager Luis Dorante) on the bone that's going to take a little while to heal.

Exactly how long Luis Torrens is going to be out remains to be seen but obviously I'm hoping for a quick recovery.

Unfortunately I haven't bought any new Torrens cards to go along with this post, but I might just scoop one up for the heck of it. Once Torrens gets back on the field, it'll be much harder to collect him I'm sure.

So yeah, Torrens' return and 2016 debut is delayed, but it is coming. Expect the worst, hope for the best I guess.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Was bummed to hear this. Hopefully it's nothing serious.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully. Some say he might be back in action around June, which is when the SI Yankees start up so...

      Delete
  2. Labrums are not easy to heal, which I know from experience. Good luck, Luis!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bummer bro. Still, I'm hoping for the best.

      Delete
  3. Bummer buddy. Hope he recovers soon. Gotta see what all this hype is about. I mean he has a baseball card blog named after him... so he's gotta be the next Yogi. Right? ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well to me he's the best catcher of all time. To others what he is might vary. Lol.

      Delete