Monday, August 8, 2016

A Strong Forceful Post

I'll admit that I don't exactly care for a lot of Topps' Star Wars offerings. Most of them are centered on the original trilogy, the prequel trilogy and the current ongoing trilogy. That's good and all but that's not exactly what I'm looking for.


But this. This is exactly what I'm looking for. Kanan Jarrus is one of the main characters in Star Wars Rebels (the animated cartoon that takes place between Episode 3 and Episode 4, roughly a decade after the events in Episode 3). He's tied for my favorite Star Wars character ever with Captain Rex. And obviously I just had to get his cards.


And yes I said cards, as in plural. These Kanans come from 2016 Topps Star Wars Evolution. In person these cards are pretty shiny. I understand that there are parallels (because of course there are) but I just picked up these base cards for fairly cheap.


Kanan even had a manu-relic. A commemorative flag patch. I'll be honest, I'm impressed and I like this card. I can like manu-relics when it's impossible to create legitimate relics in the first place.


It's hard to see, but this manu-relic is actually numbered 032/170.


Kanan even had this insert in the Lightsaber Evolution subset. It primarily describes how Kanan has kept himself hidden and how he keeps his lightsaber split into two pieces so he's not easily identified as a Jedi.

With this last Kanan insert I actually took advantage of a combined shipping deal and got some other cool Star Wars stuff.


Like this Attax card of my other favorite Star Wars character ever, Captain Rex. This is really cool because he doesn't have his helmet on. This is also an earlier version of Rex as the helmet he's got is his phase I helmet, and looks relatively clean (it becomes riddled with tally marks later).

For the record, Rex has two cards in Star Wars evolutions. A manu-relic numbered to 50 that is overpriced on eBay, and an autograph card signed by Rex's voice actor Bradley Dee Baker (who is one of the coolest mofos ever for the record). I'll obtain them eventually but for now, this Attax will do. I'm always game for Attax cards of cool clones.


Originally I intended to pick this up as a shameful click bait thumbnail, but I decided against it. Still a cool card though. Slave Leia continues to be very popular (primarily because it's the only sexualizable part of the Star Wars lore) with many and Topps made sure to capitalize on the boys who became men in 1983.


The last Star Wars related card I got was this cool card of Rey from Episode 7. I like Rey, she's got a British accent and is a strong female lead. I suppose the way she can do everything so well makes her a bit boring, but I suspect she'll run into big trouble in Episode 8 which will develop her character even further. Seeing how strong Rey already is makes a part of me just want her to become Starkiller. If you don't know who that is he's this guy...


Seeing Rey do that in Episode 8/9 would be amazing. It definitely won't happen though. Force lightning is not the Jedi way (wimps).

Anyway those were my latest Star Wars pickups.



As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. So, wait. That youtube clip is from a video game advertisement? I was hoping there was more Star Wars footage out there I hadn't seen yet!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If you want some more awesome SW game trailers, I'd suggest checking out some Star Wars the old republic game trailers.

      Delete
  2. Great cards! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Maybe I should send you the dupes from the box of Evolution I broke? Let me know if you want them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sure Jeff. Were any of them cartoon characters by any chance?

      Delete
  4. Finally caught up in Star Wars Rebels. I've always liked Captain Rex... and Kanan is cool too. But the character I really fell in love with after watching this series is Ahsoka. Can't wait to see how her future (along with Kanan and Rex) pans out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nice, Ahsoka's character development in Rebels is great as well. I hope she appears in Rogue One too.

      Delete