What constitutes as free? Do you think of it as there not being a price tag? Or do you also consider other factors?
Those of you who've followed my blog long enough know that I consider nothing to be free. Not when I'm constantly weighing opportunity costs and the value of my time against anything.
For instance, I went to Staten Island yesterday to get a post-game autograph (the Yankees had a day game that ended around the time I managed to make it to the stadium following my day at work). I got that autograph of Matt Sauer, who as always is super cool and I can't appreciate his kindness enough. Thanks again Matt!
Still, I did time how long it took me to get from my office to the stadium, then from the stadium all the way back home. Let's just say that in the time I spent on the subway and ferry moving around, I could've earned enough to pay for a Bowman Chrome autograph on eBay. So was this really free?
Oh fuck it. I'm in way over my head here. I just needed a quick post to say I got that Sauer auto and it turned into this mess of a post. Fucking Redbull's wearing off on me when I need it most. Damnit.
Also regardless of whether it's free or not, ultimately the very experience of meeting Sauer in person and getting this card signed before my eyes is where the real value in all of this lies. To me, that's priceless.
That's also super cliche, but it's true.
Alright, goodnight. Zippy out (this post was written around midnight, roughly six hours before this post was due to go up).
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).
2018 IP Auto Count: 61


Glad Sauer seems like such a cool dude. You're stocking up on his autos!
ReplyDeleteI am aren't I? I think I should stop while I'm ahead. Or at least buy his BoChro.
Delete