Monday, September 27, 2021

So Instead I Got This

So a little while ago I let the Luis Torrens BoChro super auto get through my grasp, reason being that I had two other things on my radar. Once the super actually was gone, the time was right to switch course.


That is an 8x10 autograph of Sarah Michelle Gellar. Mrs. Gellar is best known as Buffy the Vampire Slayer but I opted for one of her lesser known roles the Seventh Sister from Star Wars. Mainly because she's my favorite Star Wars character. She appeared in six episodes of Star Wars Rebels before being killed off but she's still my favorite in that entire franchise for reasons.

Even so it was pretty cool to nab an autograph of Buffy the Jedi Slayer. Doubly so since I also got her husband Freddie Prinze Jr.'s (another well known name from the 2000's entertainment world) autograph a few years ago since he also played a role on Star Wars Rebels. Although his character had a lot more than six appearances.

Normally I don't go for 8x10's as I'd prefer cards which are smaller and easier to store, but I thought this looked nice and went for it. The fact that it was from the now-defuct Topps Authentics line had me interested too.


That decision was made much easier thanks to me already have her autograph in card form. This one I picked up a few months ago and is my first ever "wood" autograph of any sort. I appreciate this a lot because it's got a picture of Seventh Sister that isn't used on another card (Topps reusing the same images happens in Star Wars too folks!).


It's hard to see but it's also serial numbered to 10 copies, another thing to appreciate.


A third autograph for good measure, although this was technically my first as I picked it up a few months ago. The serial number is hard to see again but it's actually limited to 5 copies. Also Topps reuses that image so much that I have ptsd just looking at it. It really doesn't help that that's her official stock photo.

These three presented an interesting dynamic where yes it's "SMG" and you'd think they'd go for a lot, but it's not her as Buffy the Vampire Slayer. It's her as a cartoon Star Wars character. Making it a whole lot easier for me to scoop these up. And that's to say nothing of the non-autographed stuff.

So all in all I missed out on the "holy grail" but instead got myself other pieces of treasure. I consider that a win.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care.

4 comments:

  1. Sweet signatures. Had no idea SMG voiced the Seventh Sister. I liked her character too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the additions. I've started watching thru the Star Wars cartoons, but bad news is I'm starting with the old school Droids show.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Didn't know she didn't use the Gellar in her autos. Big fan as well, congrats on the pickups!

    ReplyDelete