Monday, May 29, 2023

200

 200, I've now reached 200 different Luis Torrens cards.


I said I was taking a break from sports cards but thanks to some credit card points I was able to snag a few cards for "free", among them was this Pure blue autograph of Torrens from 2014 Leaf Trinity. This card had been on my radar for a long time, usually cards numbered to 25 tend to pop up but for whatever reason this almost never did. But COMC put it up on eBay and I swooped in.

As if this card letting me hit the 200 mark wasn't enough, it also helped accomplish something else.


I've finally finished the rainbow for this too. There may or may not be some weird buyback parallel Leaf later inserted in another product but as far as I'm concerned I'm done with this rainbow.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks, surprised it took this long but glad I got it done.

      Delete
  2. Very cool. I still have the base auto of these you gave me years back (in the one-touch you forbade me from removing it from, of course!). Been bummed to see him struggling to get in a big league lineup lately; hoping to see him to turn it around soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol, thanks for keeping that promise alive. Although if you want to use the case for something else by all means go ahead. I just kinda thought it'd be funny because it's a tampered sticker.

      Delete
  3. Congrats on the milestone! Sorry he didn't work out with the Cubs.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Baseball's a tough game. But I at least take solace in that at least two teams have continued to want his services even after the Cubs DFA.

      Delete
  4. Pretty rainbow. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats! To me, 200 Torrens cards is way more impressive than people who have 8,000 Rickey Henderson cards (or something like that) since the number of sets Torrens appears in is a tiny fraction of most bigger names.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick. I'd like to think the same but the key issue is that a good chunk of the 200 are parallels. I appreciate them all the same of course, but if it were just unique non-parallels I'm sure the number takes a nosedive into like 30-40.

      Delete
  6. Awesome. Congrats on the milestone.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks MA. Appreciate it coming from a fellow player collector.

      Delete