Wednesday, May 17, 2023

So Surreal...

...that I actually own one of these now.

After shelling out a fuckton for the Ohtani autograph earlier I bit the bullet on an Ichiro auto because why the heck not.

Now I plan to take a break from sports cards until Masataka Yoshida autographs become more readily available. Just as I'm finally done moving and cursing my collection for being so heavy.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care.

12 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Yeah I can't complain, it's shiny and on-card.

      Delete
  2. h o l y
    Congrats man this is great.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm really glad Ichiro's been slowly but surely signing a bit more these past 5 years.

      Delete
  3. Congratulations! Awesome card. I'd love to one day add a pack pulled certified Ichiro auto to my collection. Ohtani too. But Topps would have to flood the market with their signatures to lower the price tags before I'd consider it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've noticed that Ichiro's autograph output has gone significantly up since he retired and more importantly after his Leaf-exclusive contract expired. I think there's more to come.

      Delete
  4. Congrats on the card! I'll be honest, I would never have figured out the name based solely on how the signature looks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same, my dad took one look at the signature and said "I can't read this at all".

      Delete
  5. Congrats! Ichiro is one of the extreme few dudes I'd consider buying an autograph card of (that is, if they were anything near my price range).

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He was on my list like that as well, but I figured that I'd go after it now as opposed to later because if/when he gets inducted into the HoF that price is going to increase a fair bit.

      Delete