Will I be able to do this? I dunno, maybe if I can raise enough money for a trip to Tampa to try and catch him at a ST game I can. But in the meantime, I'm left with a dilemma, which card am I going to have him sign that on? This question haunted me for months until I saw and bought this on eBay the other day.
![]() |
| #'d 39/40 |
According to Beckett, this is a "Jumbo Patches" card from 2009 Topps Unique. Although it is jumbo sized, the cloth itself is not a patch. Personally I feel empty looking at the card. Almost like how I feel every time Cervelli is on the 60-day DL.
So should the opportunity to meet Cervelli arise, this is one of the cards I want him to sign and this is the one I want him to inscribe. It'll give it more depth and meaning, at least on a personal level. It'll also ruin the "value" of this card but who cares about monetary value? Even if I leave this untouched who the heck is going to want this card when Cervelli's playing days are over? Nobody that's who. So I might as well do what I want with it.
Thanks for stopping by to read this blatant look at what I just bought post that's also an incoherent mess because work and exhaustion are frying my brain and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
As always, take care :).

What do you mean it will ruin the "value" of the card? The reality is that the value of the card is determined by you and your feelings on it -- and if it said "I'm Cervin' up Cards! Francisco Cervelli!" it would be a hell of a lot more valuable to you! :-)
ReplyDeleteBy "value" I was referring to the book value or "resale value."
DeleteBut yeah if my pipe dream does come true, it'll be pretty priceless for me :).
That would look awesome on this card. Great idea!
ReplyDeleteThanks AJ :).
Delete"It'll also ruin the "value" of this card but fuck that shit."
ReplyDeleteAmen, brother!
Haha thanks Tom :).
DeleteAwesome card that is just begging to be signed!
ReplyDeleteThanks Dan and I agree :).
DeleteNice card! I think he would sign it for you. Good luck on your quest!
ReplyDeleteThanks Matt. I'm hoping he will too. Only question is, how do I get to where he is?
DeleteI think this post perfectly summarizes the type of collecting and kinship most of us in the card-blogging community embrace. Good luck!
ReplyDelete