Monday, July 28, 2014

Something For My Bucket List...

There are lot of things I want to accomplish in life, one of them is getting Francisco Cervelli's autograph in-person and having him inscribe "Cervin' Up Cards" on a card.
Will I be able to do this? I dunno, maybe if I can raise enough money for a trip to Tampa to try and catch him at a ST game I can. But in the meantime, I'm left with a dilemma, which card am I going to have him sign that on? This question haunted me for months until I saw and bought this on eBay the other day.

#'d 39/40

According to Beckett, this is a "Jumbo Patches" card from 2009 Topps Unique. Although it is jumbo sized, the cloth itself is not a patch. Personally I feel empty looking at the card. Almost like how I feel every time Cervelli is on the 60-day DL.
So should the opportunity to meet Cervelli arise, this is one of the cards I want him to sign and this is the one I want him to inscribe. It'll give it more depth and meaning, at least on a personal level. It'll also ruin the "value" of this card but who cares about monetary value? Even if I leave this untouched who the heck is going to want this card when Cervelli's playing days are over? Nobody that's who. So I might as well do what I want with it.

Thanks for stopping by to read this blatant look at what I just bought post that's also an incoherent mess because work and exhaustion are frying my brain and I'm too lazy to do anything about it.
As always, take care :).

11 comments:

  1. What do you mean it will ruin the "value" of the card? The reality is that the value of the card is determined by you and your feelings on it -- and if it said "I'm Cervin' up Cards! Francisco Cervelli!" it would be a hell of a lot more valuable to you! :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. By "value" I was referring to the book value or "resale value."
      But yeah if my pipe dream does come true, it'll be pretty priceless for me :).

      Delete
  2. That would look awesome on this card. Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "It'll also ruin the "value" of this card but fuck that shit."
    Amen, brother!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome card that is just begging to be signed!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice card! I think he would sign it for you. Good luck on your quest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Matt. I'm hoping he will too. Only question is, how do I get to where he is?

      Delete
  6. I think this post perfectly summarizes the type of collecting and kinship most of us in the card-blogging community embrace. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete