Saturday, February 7, 2015

Every Little Bit Counts I Guess


That shiny card you see there is a shimmer refractor from 2014 Bowman Draft Picks & Prospects.
As the name of the parallel suggests, it shimmers and shines in a cool way.

I picked it up on eBay last month and so far it's been the only one I've seen hit the Bay so far. I guess it's a combination of how these parallels are exclusive to super jumbo boxes of 2014 Bowman Draft and because it's numbered to 15. IE, another gimmicky parallel designed to move an unnecessary product and piss off player collectors.

Still, the seller gave me a $3 discount and I guess every dollar I can save during my mad conquest for Torrenators is a plus. Especially since I'm conflicted on whether or not to keep going with this rainbow of LUIIIIISSSSSSSSSS. On one hand, these parallels don't seem to be popping up as much as Torrens' parallels in Bowman Chrome. On the other hand I need to save/divert funds to other cards Torrens might have in the future like Pro Debut or Heritage Minors or Platinum or Sterling. Such is the struggle/fear/anxiety for player collectors who chose to collect prospects right in the midst of the prospecting era I guess. I already have enough cards to chase, I don't need anymore. Which of course means that Torrens is going to be in all four (and more) isn't it?

Also, I appear to have let the 1/1 blank back slip by which is a bit of a bummer. Hopefully the Torrenatrix tears it up in the SAL this year so some people will start selling his rarer cards like this one.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and take care :).

6 comments:

  1. Blank backs always confuse me. But I will say, that shimmer is nice!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like the way the card shimmers as well. Or at least I would if it didn't look so eerily similar to the silver wave refractors.

      Delete
  2. Bummer that you missed the blank back. But honestly, that's about as gimmicky as it gets. Well, at least until someone at Topps thinks about releasing blank fronts.

    The shimmer refractor is pretty sweet. Nice get.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shhh quiet Tom, you don't want to give Topps any bright ideas. ;).

      And thanks :).

      Delete
  3. I'm usually keeping my eye out for you as well. Didn't see the blank back.... Those are kind of silly though. I think they created those for people with OCD that have to have everything.

    ReplyDelete