Tuesday, July 21, 2015

A Little Help

So a little while back I got some more 50/50's. For those of you who missed my first post on it, 50/50's are when you send cards to another person who has a shot at getting them autographs and you usually send along extras for that person to keep for themselves (usually to get signed as well).

Well this wasn't quite a 50/50 but it was another case where I had help from people in high places.

Through Twitter I've met several wonderful people and I'll keep most of them anonymous for privacy's sake but they have helped me and my PC. I usually don't like to bother this person and I definitely don't ask this person for help obtaining autographs either, but they offered to help so I sent along a couple of cards I was hoping could be signed along with a few SIY programs for them to keep.

I guess it paid off because this time I obtained autographs of two players I didn't have a chance of obtaining otherwise.


One of them is a really good infielder (primarily third baseman) we mortals all refer to as Miguel Andujar.
Andujar is a top prospect in the Yankees organization. He's a solid defender over at third (although there are still kinks he needs work out) who projects to be able to stay at the hot corner for years to come. His biggest asset is his said to be his arm which can throw mid-90's heat if he wants it to. Offensively he projects to be a solid hitter with a fair bit of power. This season he's left mixed results with the bat (some insanely good stretches and some insanely bad stretches) but through it all he still has a ISO over .110 (according to Fangraphs) showing he has a ton of power. He won the Florida State League Home Run Derby after all. The guy is still only 20 years old at high-A (he's very young for that level) and there is still plenty of time for his bat to come around. If he takes that next big step forward, he could make Eric Jagielo a very expendable piece for the Yankees.


And the other autograph was of Ericson Leonora.
Signed as a non-drafted free agent by the Yankees back in 2008. He finally came stateside in 2012 and he's done fairly well since then. Although he's been dangled back and forth between rookie ball and full season A-ball a few times, he's finally been able to stay with the Tampa Yankees all season long this year and he's already appeared in more games as a pro than ever before. Although his numbers don't exactly leap off of the page, he's work in progress. In a system with a glut of outfielders in the upper levels (and the lower levels) Leonora has his work cut out for him, but I'm looking forward to seeing how he develops from here.

So thanks again to the gentleman who helped me get these. For privacy's sake I won't say your name but just know I really appreciate these.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

4 comments:

  1. Two solid pickups! Andujar is very exciting. I hold he continues to progress.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have a few Pirate games scheduled in August. Hopefully I can find Manny Sanguillen for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Take as much time as you need :). Thanks again.

      Delete