Tuesday, July 14, 2015

The Future Beast Of The AL East Has Awoken...

So during these past few months I've come to "know" a lot of people who know Luis Torrens a lot more personally than I do. They include a man named Peter who is good buddies with a lot of Yankees farmhands from Latin America, and Torrens' very own father Jose Torrens.

Now I used the word know in quotes because I don't know these people personally either. Although we do have mutual acquaintances and do follow each other on Twitter (does that count?).

Anyway both Peter and Torrens Sr. have been supplying me information about LUIIIIISSSSSSSSSSS and his rehab process after having shoulder surgery earlier this year.

Torrens will start throwing at End of Month

Like back in early June Peter informed me that LT would start throwing at the end of June. This was the first piece of information I had gotten about his recovery in months.

Un gran placer y un orgullo que así sea. Pronto lo veremos en acción recuperandose muy bien y capitalizando otros aspectos
— jose torrens 

Later I came in contact with Torrens' own father who himself told me that Torrens was recovering very nicely.
Jose Torrens is Luis' biggest fan (of course) and is really proud of his son's achievements far. Watching him support his son (going so far as to visit him in Charleston AND Staten Island all the way from Venezuela last year) is really touching. If I ever get a chance to meet the elder Torrens I'm probably going to just give him some of my Torrens cards. I'm pretty sure he'd love it.

Aside from that I didn't get much else about LT's progress. All I really knew was that he grew a beard at one point (why not?) and may or may not have gone back to Venezuela for a little while.


And LT himself posted this video of him throwing at the Himes Complex. It was a joy to behold. The future greatest catcher of all time has finally returned (sort of)!

Now this was a post I created two weeks but I had to wait before posting because I was waiting for a certain Torrens card to come in.


And oh what a card it was. This here is the red paper parallel from 2014 Bowman Draft.


It's the third Torrenator I own that's numbered to five. And this red card perfectly represents what every other team in the AL East is thinking. Code Red: Luis Torrens Is Back. Every other team in the AL East (and the MLB for that matter) had a nice run, but it's all over now. Torrens is back on his road to the majors, and the AL East is the Yankees' to lose for a good 20 years.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Awesome card and great news about his recovering going well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are well connected! Thanks for the updates!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are like Ken Rosenthal. Glad to hear he is doing better and nice card!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Do I have to wear a bow tie now? And thanks :).

      Delete
  4. Great news! (BTW, so glad LT plays in the AL. Don't need him beating up on the Cubs.)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Torrens for Bryant, Alcanterra and Schwarber. Who says no?

      Delete