Tuesday, December 15, 2015

Go, Go, Go!

So something pretty odd happened. I completed a rainbow.


Yep, I completed another Luis Torrens rainbow just in time to say that I completed TWO rainbows in one year.

It's really interesting (to me) how this all came together. Prior to this month I had four of the seven colors of the rainbow (the 1/1 on the left, the red, the refractor and the base). But then I was browsing eBay when I noticed that the VERY elusive green prism refractor had popped up.


For those of you who don't know the green refractors were retail only parallels. Making them quite difficult to find due to how they weren't easy pulls to begin with in addition to how it's unclear how many people actually bought the retail version of 2013 Prizm Draft.

Anyway I managed to win the auction for the green prism refractor. At the same time I noticed that the very rare gold refractor was also up on eBay, this time as a Buy It Now listing.

#'d 08/10

The price was fairly reasonable so I pounced on it. Now I had three of the BIG pieces (the 1/1, the /10 gold and retail refractors) out of the way, there was only one more parallel keeping me from completing the rainbow.

#'d 01/75

The blue refractor which had happened to be available on COMC for a reduced price. Naturally I swooped in and bought it (along with a few other cards). Earlier today it finally arrived.


And here I sit. Looking upon the SECOND Luis Torrens rainbow I've completed. And this time this is really complete as 2013 Panini Prizm Draft didn't release printing plates. It begins and ends with these seven cards. #Blessed

I'm still quite surprised that this managed to come together. On the same day (technically) no less. But then again, I live in the 21st century with the internet.



As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

14 comments:

  1. Congratulations! Those rainbows look quite awe-inspiring when they're alll put together like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm still uber-impressed with the 2013 Bowman rainbow. Simply awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dude nice! Funny how it all happens at once, eh?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you speaking from experience TLC? ;).

      Delete
  4. One of these days, I'm going to actually, seriously, REALLY try and complete a rainbow. I always tell myself to try but I never end up doing it. You're a dedicated collector, my friend. Congrats on the rainbow(s)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Nick.
      My recommendation is to go for an unlicensed brand that doesn't release printing plates (trust me, no plates is better than deciding to shun them) with a set that kind of looks ugly enough that not-so dedicated collectors stay away. Like Panini. Or worse, Leaf. Whatever you decide to do though Nick, I wish you the best of luck ;).

      Delete
  5. I'll probably never come across enough cards to rainbow, but I sure appreciate seeing it when someone else makes it happen.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Never say never SH ;). Crazier things have happened.

      Delete
  6. I almost pulled the trigger on going after a Kevin Newman rainbow since I got to see him play for the Black Bears, but didn't do it.

    Congrats on the rainbow. It was meant to be as you are the king of Torrens cards.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll regret that after Newman turns into a first ballot HoFers.

      And thanks :).

      Delete