So I got a mailer from P-Town Tom the other day. That can only mean one thing. Goodies!
PTT and I get along quite well due to how we tend to focus on similar players and aspects of our favorite baseball organizations (prospects and young major leaguers). Of course PTT's Cubbies are homegrown AND on the rise so he has a reason to watch major league baseball again. Meanwhile I have to stow away in the minors hoping they push the veterans out of the clubhouse (sans A-Rod).
Anyway PTT's packages are always a delight. He's sent me Wampas, T205's, tons of LUIIIISSSSSSSSSSSes and now he's sent me something really special.
Like this Jorge Mateo card from 2015 Leaf Ultimate Draft.
It's my first certified Mateo autograph and this means I've finally completed the trifecta of IP, TTM and certified. And yes I said that the IP auto was a signature a friend of mine got for me and that it wouldn't count, but it counts now.
Woof, what a sight! The fact that all of these signatures are written in different colors makes it even better IMO.
Of course PTT's goodies didn't stop there.
But unfortunately the scans were lost to the sands of time. Though rest assured Tom, they were excellent.
And that was my package from PTT. He got me good. Luckily I've gathered a big enough pile of Cubbies to send his way. Expect a Zapping soon PTT :)! Thanks for the cards too.
And as always thank you (the readers) for stopping by :).
Take care.



Woof. That Mateo is really cool. His signature is so inconsistent. There's a lot of variation between your three.
ReplyDeleteThe Severino and Bird Onyx are cool. PTT also sent me a pack of those, but wasn't sure if they were all the same or there was different cards (I got the same cards, so much all be the same).
I like the lighter blue on the '16 Pro Debut cards. It looks nice.
From what I've been told Mateo has been paid to write thousands upon thousands of autographs for various companies. Including a bunch of exclusives for Topps. So it doesn't surprise me that his signature is evolving and getting smaller.
DeleteI love seeing how signatures evolve as the player becomes more known. I'm guessing Mateo will stick with the Leaf Draft version.
ReplyDeleteThat's my guess too. Although the TTM signature is the most recent one.
DeleteI love the three differently colored autos on the Mateo cards. Nice trifecta!
ReplyDeleteI'm assuming the text above "Yankees" on the Igawa card says, "Yankees" in Japanese. Yes/no?
Thanks PTT.
DeleteAs for the Igawa it doesn't say Yankees. It's Igawa's name written in Japanese kanji characters.