Monday, June 27, 2016

Triple Rainbow!

Last month I blogged about attempting my first non-Luis Torrens rainbow of Thairo Estrada. I was able to acquire eight of the 10 non-printing plate refractors from 2014 Bowman Chrome Mini and only needed one more card.


A month (and then some) later, this finally arrived. The green refractor numbered to 15 that I needed to complete the plate-less rainbow.

I confirmed it with Gavin from Baseball Card Breakdown who built his own 2014 Bowman Chrome mini rainbow with Gavin Lavalley that the plate-less rainbow is just the following 10 cards.











All adding up to this...


Woof. Not bad for my first non-Luis Torrens rainbow eh?

As of this post Thairo Estrada has already been promoted to high-A Tampa and he's pretty much been the Ben Zobrist of the Tampa Yankees. The team keeps moving him about because of the infield log jam and it doesn't matter, he just hits and hits and hits. I've already pegged Thairo as the next Cano. And so far my comparison has yet to look absurd.

Anyway thanks for stopping by and as always, take care :).

10 comments:

  1. Woof! You were out ahead on Thairo. This is a sweet rainbow. Now you need the rest signed!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks TLC. And I don't know about that. Getting the rest signed would be a big and troubling undertaking.

      Delete
  2. I finally took the plunge and started to see how many of the Pro Debut Kevin Newman and Kevin Kramer's I can accumulate.

    The rainbow looks great. Hopefully a few plates pop up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool, good luck with your rainbows Matt.

      Delete
  3. Nice! One of these days I'll actually try and build a rainbow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck Nick. I'd recommend something where printing plates weren't distributed to the public.

      Delete
  4. Well done, ZZ. I think the black shimmery one is my favorite.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm quite fond of the black shimmer one as well. Other than the superfractor it's the only one that's not just a colored border.

      Delete