Monday, January 22, 2018

A Leftover From 2017

In the waning days of 2017, a few last minute things arrived in the mail that I didn't really get to blog about. Might as well wrap it up with the last one.


Torrens card number 115 (or 114, as my Excel spreadsheet seems to indicate) is this orange mini.
For whatever reason, the 2017 edition of Topps mini is not hitting the shelves (read: eBay) as much as they did in years prior. I've read that people who ordered the cards online had issues getting them in hand. Also the price-to-card ratio made a lot of folks reluctant to pick up any in the first place.

The market is so nill on these that I don't even have the base mini yet. So far I've got the blue numbered to 10 and the orange numbered to 25 above. All I need now are the red (numbered to five), gold (the 1/1) and the base. The chase for Torrens' return to cardboard rages onward.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

10 comments:

  1. I bet the orange looks cool in person!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel you on the scarcity. I've been keeping an eye out for the blue, red and gold for the Jose Quintana Update card but nada. Glad I snagged the orange when I saw it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have a feeling I'm just going to forget about the rest and then when I finally remember them I find that they were just sold on eBay a week ago.

      Delete
    2. eBay's Save Search feature is a godsend. Every morning I get a dozen emails for various things I'm keeping on an eye on that get posted from the day before. Some searches turn up results daily, some every couple of days but it keeps me from having to type 20 different searches every day.

      Delete
  3. Yeah, I'm starting to wonder if Topps will have a mid-summer sale of the 2017 mini cards. I'm betting they will. You'll find a base card eventually! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They might. Thanks PTT, good luck with your Vogelmonster chase too.

      Delete
    2. Hey! Cruising Sportlots.com tonight and found they have Topps Mini... $2 shipped. If you've never done Sportlost before let me know (e-mail) and I'll snag it for you and send it in a care package later on.

      Delete
  4. Congratulations! The orange parallel looks really cool. The base is bound to come along sooner or later. Best of luck on the gold and red to finish off that rainbow.

    ReplyDelete