Friday, May 17, 2019

Gotta Go To Mo's (Again)

When I said I was going to attend more in-person meet and greets I meant it.

On Wednesday I met David Cone and Jack Curry. On Thursday (just yesterday) I met Gio Urshela.

I'm not sure why it is, but this is the second Modell's signing I've been able to go to. Although this was a bit more abrupt and I really wasn't prepared for it.

Usually I want to have a baseball card signed, and I know for a fact that Urshela's had cards made of him in the past. Unfortunately I had zero of those '15 Bowmans and this signing was announced only a week in advance, meaning that eBay wasn't going to be an option. Since Chameleon closed down last month and I forgot to attend the monthly NYC show (not like they would've had anything useful anyway), this meant I was going to have to go to the signing without cards.


Luckily Modell's had these big 8x10-ish cards with the Mo logo on them. Considering how this is what might be Urshela's first "card" as a Yankee, this makes the tradeoff of getting a card that's bigger than how I usually like them worth it.

I did also buy some balls and had him sign one with an inscription for some Cleveland fan friends of mine back in Japan. Justifying the receipt to grant me entry.


All in all, this was my third autograph in two days. I should probably mention that I had a final exam right before the Urshela signing. Priorities!

So yeah big thanks to Gio for the awesome autographs.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

2019 IP Auto Count: 5

7 comments:

  1. I like that he signed the 8x10 on his leg, so we can see the signature. Kudos to Mr. Urshela.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I noticed, too. I respect his autograph placement awareness.

      Delete
    2. @Fuji, yeah I noticed that too
      @PTT, that's when you know he's been asked to sign A LOT of stuff over the years

      Delete
  2. Awesome! I sent him a TTM request a few weeks ago, but nothing so far. I think. had a 2015 Topps RC of him that I included?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Didn't know he had a Topps rc to be honest. Only card I ever saw of his was his Bowman lol.

      Delete
  3. 珍しくカードにもらってないとおもったらそういう理由だったんだね
    在庫を探しておくよ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ケースでしたら一緒に送りますよ。余分のケース何個もありますので笑。

      Delete