Even though I'm not in the teaching profession, I'll always have respect for people that are. I know too many people in/formerly in the field and the struggles they've faced not to. But I wrote about all of that last year so I'll just leave it that this time.
Unfortunately I can't do a whole lot to help out teachers other than by paying the local school tax and just making sure I vote against measures/interests that threaten to weaken teacher unions. Maybe if/when I'm a parent (harrowing!) I can take part in the PTA or something to be more active.
So yeah, cheers to the folks like Tom, Fuji, Trevor and the rest of the teachers on this corner of the collectosphere. It's probably finals season for them so wish them luck. They'll likely need it.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

Finals? Nope, three more weeks! Going into June this year due to all the snow days. Sigh...
ReplyDeleteThanks for the props!
Also, did you see Thairo got the silent treatment after his first home run? The Yankees seems to be a fun bunch!
Made up snow days? Blarg.
DeleteGood call! Shout out to the teachers we know around these parts.
ReplyDeleteThe fact that we can read and write like this is a testament to how important teachers are. Kudos to them.
DeleteThanks for the support! It's always nice to see that all of the hard work we put into lessons is appreciated.
ReplyDeleteI kinda feel bad for my students... They're currently taking the state standardized tests... and working on a major project for my class. The good news (for both of us) is we only have about 5 weeks left. Then I get to teach summer school ;)
Subsidized tests and summer school? Sounds awful.
DeleteLol. Testing sucks for everyone (student and teachers). On the other hand, summer school pretty much pays for my hobby expenses for the year.
DeleteAt least a couple of my in-laws are teachers and they are the best! So were my old teachers. Teachers rule!
ReplyDeleteIronically enough I can't remember any of my teachers, but I appreciate the profession as a whole.
DeleteI didn't see this yesterday, but thanks for the thoughts!
ReplyDeleteKudos Trevor.
Delete