When I talked about the NPN's from Stranger Things, I mentioned how I'd yet to get any responses from baseball card products. It was true at the time but as of Monday (September 30th, 2019)...
...welp.
I'm pretty stunned that of all products, I got a return from 2019 Bowman. I was under the assumption that it'd be the type of product NPNers would be after in a heartbeat. Because getting a Wander Franco (even a base) for a mere 55 cents is a great deal. But I guess I lucked out.
Anyway the card itself is a refractor for Phillies top prospect Adonis Medina.
Medina is the fourth best prospect in the Phillies farmsystem and a borderline top 100 guy according to MLB Pipeline. Medina's ascension is largely due to the uptick in velocity in his pitches as his fastball now sits in the low 90's and can even touch the mid 90's when needed. He also has a slider and changeup which he can also use for strikes. After a 2018 season that saw him start to struggle a bit against hitters, his 2019 season was a lot of the same. He's still dynamic and when he's on he's unhittable. But at times the opposing hitters made pretty quick work of him. Though not for nothing is the fact that he racked up a ton of K's and didn't allow too many walks, that's always great to see.
I'm actually a fan of Medina since he signed for me via TTM all the way back in 2016. That's two PWE-related Medina goodies I've gotten in my lifetime. Enough to make me want to root for him to succeed. And I think he's going to need as much support as he can get given how he's bound for triple-A Lehigh Valley/quad-A Philadelphia soon, and there he'll have to adjust to the juiced ball. Yeesh.
Anyway that was my latest NPN, and my first baseball NPN. This is fun.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).



Congrats on the NPN success!
ReplyDeleteThanks Tom.
DeleteCool that you got a numbered refractor!
ReplyDeleteThanks TLC.
DeleteCongratulations on another NPN success!
ReplyDeleteThanks Fuji.
Delete