So yesterday I got this in the mail.
That is a Leaf Trinity Pure auto of Luis Torrens limited to nine copies. Normally there are supposed to be 10 of these, but for whatever reason Torrens' green is limited to nine.
With this I have the 1/1, the /5, the /9 and the base. According to Beckett I only need the blue parallel limited to 25 copies. The variant I hadn't seen in the wild recently. Who would've thought a /25 serial number would be the last one standing in my way to completing a rainbow. Though then again this is Leaf so there's probably some weird uncirculated parallels numbered to 3 or shit.
Still, being in reasonable range of a rainbow is never a bad thing, we'll see what happens with this one.
In the meantime I'm still trying to a grip on what the fuck this is.
We are at the "starting to have Heritage cards" phase of Luis Torrens' major league baseball career. It is very weird to see him go from a clean shaven Bowman Chrome prospect to a bearded Heritage High Number major leaguer. Obviously it's very cool because it's a sign that he's been able to stick around. But at the same time he's on a set design from the 70's. My favorite players are usually prospects/minor leaguers. They're not supposed to be on throwback sets that Night Owl Cards compares to cards from his childhood.
And yet, there he is. Given that now we're in the 70's for Heritage sets, I can now only hope that Torrens' MLB career lasts long enough that he can have a card when Topps inevitably redoes 1979 Topps, my favorite card design of that decade (and right up there for all time with 2011 and 2013).
So there is a little update on the Torrens collection as of now. Right now the Torrenterion collection page is currently getting reworked as maintaining it became difficult after Blogger changed its layout to what it is now. But I'll get it updated and back in order eventually. Maybe.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care.




I love the juxtaposition of a clean shaven Bowman and the bearded Heritage. Well crafted!
ReplyDeleteI love the Trinity Pure cards, although I've never had great luck with who I have chased down (Kaprielian). I hope Torrens is in every 2021 set for you. All of them. With gobs of parallels.
ReplyDeleteGreat looking autograph. Best of luck tracking down the one #'d to 25.
ReplyDeleteHoly crap, a Leaf card that isn't horrifying to look at. ... I'm looking forward to that 2028 Heritage Torrens card.
ReplyDeleteLook at Luis - growing up before our very eyes! Before you know it, he'll be appearing as a throwback player in Archives.
ReplyDelete