Last week I was feeling severe burn out at work. I needed to really relieve some stress. I did a couple of things. I slept, exercised, drafted angry emails, became really passive aggressive with coworkers, vented on social media, anything to keep me sane in the moment. At the risk of being over dramatic that brief moment was pretty overwhelming and I needed a coping mechanism bad.
The most dangerous but also what ended up being my favorite outlet was just going hogwild on watch-list hits on eBay.
This Kyle Freeland 2014 Bowman Chrome blue refractor autograph was on my want list for weeks. Mine.
A Todd Helton autograph in general was on my want list for months, and after using rewards points to shave off most of the price, I managed to bring it down to $7. Solid deal for a future Hall of Famer. Mine.
Okay I don't want to repeat that same description ad nauseam so here's a bunch of scans.
In some ways this is basically a smorgasbord of stuff I've been known to collect. Just missing Luis Torrens and some Yankees prospects somewhere.
This is also just the baseball stuff.
Also quick shout-out to my former local card shop American Legends. I was in my old neighborhood for errands and stopped by to purchase supplies. I went ahead and purchased the T206 Chase in that store too. It reminded me how underrated it is when you're able to physically hold and inspect the card I want before committing to buying. Also y'know, not refreshing the tracking number every other hour and being worried the USPS is going to send to the wrong address or something.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care.



















Wow, just causal dropping in some T206s in the middle of a Rockies autos. I do like that Helton a lot. Smart to get him now before he gets elected to HOF in a few months.
ReplyDeleteI was thinking the same thing! And a David Ortiz for good measure! Hope the cards helped you feel less burned out!
DeleteAre you two suggesting Rockies autographs aren't as cool as T206es?
Delete/jk (mostly)
The spree was nice but damn, it was dangerous.
Holy T206 moly.
ReplyDeleteHere at Torren' Up Cards we go full throttle or we don't start the engine at all.
DeleteI've used cards as a stress reliever more times than I can count. Not necessarily the best on my wallet, but it's hard to resist a good spending spree once in a while. Goodness those T206s are wonderful (especially the Hal Chase!).
ReplyDelete(Also, I got the package you sent me - thanks so much!!)
Glad you got the cards Nick, enjoy :).
DeleteHope this week is better than last week. These days when I'm burnt out... I turn to reading blogs or watching tv (just binged watched Ahsoka this past week and a half).
ReplyDeleteMuch better. Picking up my exercise routine has proven to be the best method.
Delete