Saturday, November 8, 2014

A Card From... Amazon?

When you read the words "I picked this/these card(s) up online" you probably think of eBay, COMC or JustCommons. And until recently the first two sites were basically where my online pick-ups all originated from. Then last week happened and I picked up this on Amazon.


This is a Red Prizms parallel of Luis Torrens from 2013 Panini Prizm Perennial Draft Picks. It's numbered 82/100 and it's very shiny.

I'm still not sure how I found this. I guess I was bored and decided to see if Amazon had any of the Torrens cards I needed and by sheer luck I found this. Four dollars later (shipping fees included), this baby was mine. With this I've obtained two sixths of the Torrens 2013 PPPDP rainbow and three of the other four I need are on my radar (for now).

Moving on, I'd like to take this time to make an announcement. A while back I mentioned that I would be hosting another contest, unfortunately I'll have to cancel it. I will host a contest eventually, but it'll probably be sometime in early 2015. The reason for that is that I just don't have any decent prizes to give away right now, so I'll have to wait until I get some kick-ass cards worthy of being prizes.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

8 comments:

  1. Amazon, huh? I never would have looked there for singles. Thanks for the tip!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Don't expect a whole lot though. For the most part it's just overpriced base cards.

      Delete
  2. I thought the only cards on Amazon were expensive junk wax box and "start a baseball card collection" kit. Interesting.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those (and sealed boxes) are what's primarily available on Amazon but every now and then they do have a few surprises.

      Delete
  3. I've seen boxes, but not singles on Amazon. That is cool you found a Torrens. I found a few singles on Dave and Adams. Nothing big, but might be worth a look.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I took a look on DA, they didn't have anything I needed.

      Delete
  4. I've seen COMC Cards on Amazon at prices that are $1 or so more than what they run on COMC, but nothing that was an "Amazon exclusive sick hitz 1/1! L@@K!!!" :-) Nice buy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I had very low expectations for Amazon's card stock and for the most part it met them.

      Delete