Saturday, November 1, 2014

OT: 10th Anniversary

Although I'm a little late on this, I just found out that one of my favorite albums of all time just celebrated it's 10th anniversary. That album is,


Hot Fuss by The Killers.


I was going to write a long post about how great this album is but every draft ended up making me look like a wannabe music critic who just comes off as a pretentious snob so I'll just say this.
I like this album, and it's ten years old now. Here's to another ten.


As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).

6 comments:

  1. Fantastic album! Lots of great songs! I really like All These Things That I've Done.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a good song. You can tell how much soul he has even though he's not a soldier. ;).

      Delete
  2. I like that album too. Always wanted to see them in concert.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do as well, although most of the reviews I've heard are mixed.

      Delete
  3. I was a huge fan of this album. Jenny Was a Friend of Mine is a great song, and I like Believe Me Natalie a ton as well. All These Things That I've Done had such a great 90s Britpop feel to it too -- very much a "we've listened to a ton of Stone Roses" vibe to it.

    I didn't actually see them in concert, but back when they were on tour for Hot Fuss, they played Music Midtown in Atlanta -- probably 2005. I could hear the shows from about 8 blocks away on my patio, and I listened for a while. They were good musically -- obviously don't know about the visuals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah The Killers have a ton of songs that have a "we've listened to a ton of..." vibe to them. For the most part I approve lol.

      And man that sounds awesome. I would've listened to the entire concert lol.

      Delete