Sunday, November 30, 2014

It's Been Swell

These past few months have been some of the best for me as a collector. I started blogging and found a new way to yammer at strangers about nothing, I found several new team collectors I can dump my unwanted cards onto, and I've also gotten some of the best cards and support I could've ever hoped to get from this wonderful blogosphere.

Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end. I'll be sure to remember all of the fun and excitement most of this whole run has brought me And I'd like to thank all of you who made it possible and as enjoyable as the experience could've been. Thank you.


I am of course talking about how my streak of consecutive weeks with a TTM return came to a halt this week. After what felt like an glorious infinite number of weeks where I got at least one TTM return in my mailbox, I didn't get one in the final week of November. But I suppose that is to be expected when one stops sending out TTM requests in mid-August. And even if my 2014 TTM haul ended with last week's Saltalamacchia return, I'd say that this run and this year in general was a huge success. Especially since one of my goals this year was to get more returns than I got in 2013 (which I did :)). Of course it's going to be hard to top this year come 2015 but thankfully I already have a stack of potential MiLB TTMs with more on the way when I get my hands on the soon to be released Bowman Draft and Elite Extra Edition (provided that Panini releases it). And I do genuinely want to thank all the players who signed for me and those of you who left positive comments on my TTM posts. It really means a lot to me since a lot of the posts were admittedly rushed and kind of air-mailed and yet you guys kept coming and left comments.

Now with that I'd like to make this announcement.
I'll be sending most of out my year-end Holiday Zaps a little earlier than usual this year. Reason being that I'm going to be spending the holidays overseas and I'll be too busy to really send packages out during mid-December. I sent wave one of these Holiday Zaps out yesterday to ten different zip codes. Wave two is ready and will be shipped out on either Monday or Tuesday. I'm putting the finishing touches on wave three but I'm waiting on a few pieces to arrive from COMC so those of you in wave three might have to wait until the second or third week of December. Sorry.

Anyway, thanks for stopping by and take care :).

7 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness I was very nervous the first few paragraphs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Seriously -- I was half expecting a goodbye!

      Delete
    2. Yeah! You can't lead into a post like that! I had a huge lump in my throat until I realized what was going on. Happy early holidays, Mr. Zippy Zappy!

      Delete
    3. Mission accomplished! I think we all thought you were calling it quits. Glad to hear that is not the case!

      Delete
    4. Hehe, sorry guys I couldn't help myself.

      If I ever do stop blogging I doubt I'll make an announcement. More than like I'd just stop blogging all of a sudden and leave this page dormant for a while.

      Delete
  2. Glad you are not retiring early. Congrats for already accomplishing your TTM goal.

    ReplyDelete