Source: The Yankees will call up Thairo Estrada to replace Troy Tulowitzki.— Mark Feinsand (@Feinsand) April 4, 2019
The Yankees are calling up Thairo Estrada to replace Troy Tulowitzki on the active roster, @feinsand has confirmed.— Bryan Hoch (@BryanHoch) April 4, 2019
That's right folks, my second favorite player of all time, Thairo Estrada, is getting his first MLB call-up!
In the span of six years I've developed two very important player collections. Estrada is the oft-forgotten one, but he's been one of my favorites regardless. I blogged about Thairo a lot in 2015 and since then my blogposts about him have significantly gone down. I attribute a lot of that due to how little cardboard there is of him. Though then again, his Bowman stuff finally came out and I decided to ignore all of it completely.
Regardless, it's still awesome to see my second ever favorite prospect make it to the big leagues. Hopefully he can make a big impact by taking a infield job and running with it.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).


The batting gloves are so awesome. Hope he gives the team a lift! Tyler Wade sure as hell isn't running away with the job.
ReplyDeleteI hope he does too. But more than that I just hope he's 100% recovered from his gunshot wound.
DeleteYou're legitimately the only reason I even known Thairo's name so I thought of you immediately when I read that news. Exciting times! Here's hoping Thairo goes hog wild and steals the shortstop position. Then, the Yanks can trade Tulo to the Cubs and Chicago can jettison Russell into the sun. Go Estrada!
ReplyDeleteThanks for thinking me immediately Tony lol.
DeleteEven without Tulo, the Cubs should've dumped Russell's ass onto the curb a long time ago.
No doubt. So frustrated with the Cubs right now.
DeleteSo stoked for you with Thairo getting the call!
Unfortunately Thairo's down again. I think the Cubs could use Tyler Wade for SS though. Wade could use a fresh start, as could Ian Happ...
DeleteI hadn't heard about the Tulo injury...the Yanks just can't keep anyone healthy!
ReplyDeleteThe Tulo injury was inevitable, he was never one to stay healthy (same with Bird and Hicks). The problem is that other key guys like Didi, Stanton and Andujar are also out, meaning that NYY is actively relying on the guys they expected to get hurt, and it was only a matter of time before they broke too.
Delete