When I got a Don Mattingly autograph at a card show on the last day of November, I got it knowing it was probably going to be my very last IP autograph of 2019. Well, not quite!
Modell's Sporting Goods has not only provided me an opportunity to get Austin Romine and Giovanny Urshela autographs this year, but it came through with another opportunity to meet an active stud, this time it was Sterling Shepard of the New York Giants.
Unlike the time I got Ottis Anderson's autograph, this time things went a smoother and I suffered no grief.
Because I already had a card in hand thanks to the 2019 Panini NFL Stickers I'd bought before. Fittingly enough all of those stickers/cards were purchased at Modell's so I think this is all Modell's way of giving back to me for spending so much there. At the day of I purchased another pack that somehow had Shepard inside (no it didn't, I got a third Patrick Mahomes). It's fine, it all came from Modell's anyway.
Of course Modell's also offered these cool bigger cards (I think they're 5x7 but I could be wrong) which was super dope.
As best as I can tell this signing event by Shepard was also part of a charity event type of thing where he paid for a bunch of athletic gear for a gaggle of kids, which I vibe with. There was a camera crew there and everything. Pretty interesting to see the type of PR vid I'd see browsing the Giants Twitter page being filmed before me.
Shepard was super nice and although he signed my card with a black pen (I had a blue sharpie ready but he already started signing the card before I could hand him the sharpie), it was pretty awesome meeting him. In typical Kenny fashion I gave him a gift as I try to do for most of the players I see IP and I gave him hand sanitizer because I didn't have enough time to buy Hi-Chews. He said he appreciated it though. I assume because of all of the handshakes he has to give out to strangers he's meeting smack dab in Times Square.
Woof, I entered this year with zero football IPs and now I've got two. One from a retired Giant and one from an active Giant. Life is funny like that sometimes, you might as well laugh along with it.
As always thanks for stopping by and take care :).
2019 IP Auto Count: 66




Funny! The autograph turned out great. Well done.
ReplyDeleteYeah it turned out great.
DeleteIs your subject line a reference to Ed, Edd & Eddy? ;-)
ReplyDeleteYour garden is overgrown and your cucumbers are soft.
DeleteEel woman! Play me the song of Rolf's village!
DeleteThe hand sanitizer is a nice touch.
ReplyDeleteI try.
Delete