Thursday, August 5, 2021

Back to Back

 Been a while since I've been to two minor league games in a row, forgot how much energy it takes.

No complaints though, I'll take more baseball and a chance to get more autographs. The great thing about Tuesday's haul is that it virtually narrowed down what I still needed coming into Wednesday's game. Laser focus is my preference, as my player collection of Luis Torrens clearly shows.

Autograph-wise I only got one player, Saul Torres.
Torres has been an interesting catching prospect for the Yankees for a few years now. He was signed out of the Dominican Republic back in 2016 and made it stateside rather quickly. His progress dipped a bit following several repeat stints in rookie ball, but this year he's finally made it to high-A.


I've had two of Saul's cards in my box of cards to one day get signed for years now and I'm glad I was able to knock off both last night. How far along Saul's professional career gets along remains to be seen but I do have a soft spot for catching prospects in the Yankees farmsystem and it's nice to have this serve as a reminder.

The ballpark was crowded (or moreso than you'd expect for a Wednesday night game) so I missed out on the rest I intended to get. But two is always better than none.


The game itself was fun. It was the battery of Mitch Spence and Austin Wells on Wednesday and they brought it just as much as Randy Vasquez and Anthony Seigler did on Tuesday.

Spence followed up Vasquez's performance with six shutout innings of his own and although the Cyclones tried making things interesting near the end of the game, the Hudson Valley Renegades came out on top 3-2 (BOX). The lineup was still as a lethal as ever. Additionally the bottom half of the lineup also had one hit a piece and were also key parts of the game. The flashier names occupy the top of the lineup but all nine guys are ready to pummel you into dust if you throw even the tiniest mistake.

And that was my latest game.

As always thanks for stopping by and take care.

2021 IP Auto Count: 7

No comments:

Post a Comment